Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Cover for Book due out in Dec

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate McVaugh | 27 comments Hi Librarians,

I want to use a cover picture to promote my up-coming December book launch. I had wanted to put it in a blog post. I managed to upload it as an alternate author picture.
Please let me know what I should do.
Thanks in advance,
Kate McVaugh

message 2: by Codex (last edited Oct 13, 2016 03:21PM) (new)

Codex | 3401 comments New book for your upcoming publication created here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The book entry is minimal, as publishing details (including a description) still need to be populated.

I’ve taken the liberty to annotate your placeholder cover at the bottom with the text “[Cover to be Revealed]”; this will allow replacement with the final published cover at the appointed time without need to confirm that it is a placeholder.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate McVaugh | 27 comments Thank you Codex! I'm not sure about how I will replace it, but will deal with that when I get a new cover.
cheers!

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Kate wrote: "Thank you Codex! I'm not sure about how I will replace it, but will deal with that when I get a new cover.
cheers!"

You can post back here to request a librarian’s help with replacing the placeholder cover. Remember to provide full publishing details, including the ISBN (or ASIN, for a Kindle publication). Alternatively, you could provide a link to the publisher’s page if all relevant details (and final cover) can be obtained from there.

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments ⋯➜ [No follow-up by author]

Found that Kindle and paperback editions had been published in Dec 2016 (verified: Amazon).

Merged initially created edition (placeholder cover; no ISBN/ASIN—refer #2) with paperback to clean up.