Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Anja's first Dewey's 24hr Read-a-thon

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anja (last edited Oct 22, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Anja (anjareads) Hi all!

This will be my first time participating in this read-a-thon. I'm very excited.

I have the day off from work on the 22nd. Only sad thing is that I have to work the next day and in my time zone the read-a-thon starts at 14:00 on the 22nd. But I have to work the next day starting from 13:00 so I cannot do all the hours (and I have to sleep to do my work).

But every hour that I can, I will read :)

TBR:
Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1) by Jeff VanderMeer The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab Into White by Randi Pink Company Town by Madeline Ashby Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler Bird Box by Josh Malerman The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson The Merciless by Danielle Vega

Overview:

Hour 1 14:00: 69 pages in total
- The Assassin Game pages 98-161

Hour 2 15:00: 66 pages in total
- The Assassin Game pages 162-227

Hour 3 16:00: 60 pages in total
- The Assassin Game pages 228-259 --> FINISHED!
- Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale pages 0-28

Hour 4 17:00: 54 pages in total
- The Merciless pages 0-54

Hour 5 18:00: 42 pages in total
- The Merciless pages 55-96

Hour 6 19:00:
- Made diner.

Hour 7 20:00:
- Skyped with friends

Hour 8 21:00:
-

Hour 9 22:00:
Hour 10 23:00:
Hour 11 00:00:
Hour 12 01:00:
Hour 13 02:00:
Hour 14 03:00:
Hour 15 04:00:
Hour 16 05:00:
Hour 17 06:00:
Hour 18 07:00:
Hour 19 08:00:
Hour 20 09:00:
Hour 21 10:00:
Hour 22 11:00:
Hour 23 12:00:
- Lunch and commuting to work.

Hour 24 13:00:
- Work.

Read:
The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay (on e-reader: 259p) I read pages 98-259 --> FINISHED
Risuko A Kunoichi Tale (Seasons of the Sword #1) by David Kudler (on e-reader: 242p) I read pages 0-28 --> DNF
The Merciless by Danielle Vega (on e-reader: 173p) I read pages 0-96

message 2: by Sytske (last edited Oct 11, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Sytske Van Der Sluis | 14 comments Wheee, fellow first timer in my time zone :-)

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Anja wrote: "Hi all!

I have the day off from work on the 22nd. Only sad thing is that I have to work the next day and in my tim..."

Where do you live? Sorry you have to work the next day, that really sucks! You can start reading when you wake up on the 22nd if you want to try to get 24 hours in.

message 4: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Good luck with your first RAT. You will love it!

message 5: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Ann A wrote: "Good luck with your first RAT. You will love it!"
Thank you so much!

Kathryn CA wrote: "Anja wrote: "Hi all!

I have the day off from work on the 22nd. Only sad thing is that I have to work the next day ..."

I live in the Netherlands!

Sytske wrote: "Wheee, fellow first timer in my time zone :-)"
Yes! Fellow dutchie?

message 6: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) So here's my tbr. Not gonna read all of them, but it's nice to have some choices during the day!

Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1) by Jeff VanderMeer The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab Into White by Randi Pink Company Town by Madeline Ashby Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler Bird Box by Josh Malerman The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson The Merciless by Danielle Vega

message 7: by Sytske (new)

Sytske Van Der Sluis | 14 comments Anja wrote: "Yes! Fellow dutchie?"
Yes :)

message 8: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Almost time! Can't wait :)

message 9: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) First hour is spend reading the whole hour. I continued in The Assassin Game. Read page 93 till 161. The book has 259 pages in total.

message 10: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Second hour: read pages 162-226 The Assassin Game.

I want to update my first post, but I can't on my phone. So I'll be doing that later.

But hey, just a few more pages and I've finished The Assassin Game. Wonder what I'll start next.

message 11: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Hour three: finished The Assassin Game and started in Risuko. Read 28p but it's not keeping me awake. Might dump this and start another book.

message 12: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Dropped Risuko. Started in The Merciless. Read 54 pages this fourth hour. I'm not sure what to think of the book yet. It's a bit strange but I think that's the intention of the writer.

message 13: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Hour 5: read only 42 pages in the Merciless. My cat demanded hugs and belly rubs.

Hour 6 will be not much reading; this hour will be focused on eating.

message 14: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) It was hour 8 and I've read some more of The Merciless. And now I've finished it. That was a weird and creepy book!

message 15: by Anja (new)

Anja (anjareads) Hour 9: started in Throne of Glass. Going to take a long shower now and go to bed after. Need enough sleep to work tomorrow. I might read a chapter or two in bed before I go to sleep. And then I will be reading again tomorrow morning.

message 16: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Looks like you're having a great Readathon! Hope to see you back here after your snooze.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.