UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Friends Wanted!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laubreen) | 2 comments Hi All,

I've recently re-ignited my Goodreads account but not many of my close friends or family are into reading and sometimes all I want to do when I finish reading a book is having a little chat about it. So... I'd really like to try and find some other like-minded peeps who would be willing to be my 'friend'.

I'd really like to know what others are reading to give me some inspiration too, so if you also want someone to chat about books with (or just be nosey at what books I'm reading), feel free to add me.

Lauren

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Bucan | 5 comments Hi Lauren.

Like you I would often like to chat to others on here but am finding it really difficult. I set up a thread asking people to suggest their favourite bedtime reads but no one replied to it. I was surprised because I would have thought that people would have been only too happy to have discussed their favourite books, but it seems not.
I wouldn`t be of much help discussing books I`m afraid because I don`t read fiction, but it would certainly be nice to have some more friends on here, and I can certainly recommend my own book to you if your interested. Depends on what kind of thing you enjoy of course. x

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments As far as I can see, Amanda, you posted that question on your blog and not directly in this group, or I'm sure you'd have had some answers. For myself, my bedtime reading is a continuation of what I've been reading in the day - currently My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Frederik Backman.

Lauren, we have a Just finished, just started thread where people let us know their latest read, and whether or not they enjoyed it.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments Hello ladies,
Can I suggest you try playing some of the word games on here or join in some of the discussions. You'll soon find some like-minded people to chat to. There are some nice, funny, book-minded people out there.

Here's a few links to the games:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Don't forget to go right to the end of the discussion first though using the page numbers at the bottom.

Also, if you find out what group the discussions are in and follow all discussions for that group, you get notifications when people add to it.

Hope this helps.

message 5: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments I like YA and thrillers, Lauren, but I'm not likely to chat with you about romance. Happy to be your friend, though.

Visit some of the threads in this group and join in, you will soon have my friends than you know what to do with.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9110 comments What Kath and Chris said. Join in, chat, and you'll find recommendations in amongst all the other stuff!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laubreen) | 2 comments Thank you for all the suggestions, I will certainly check it all out!

Alice-Elizabeth (Prolific Reader Alice) (marriedtobooks44) | 4 comments Lauren wrote: "Hi All,

I've recently re-ignited my Goodreads account but not many of my close friends or family are into reading and sometimes all I want to do when I finish reading a book is having a little cha..."

Hi Lauren, you're more than welcome to add me :)

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Gill | 9 comments Alice (marriedtobooks) wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Hi All,

I've recently re-ignited my Goodreads account but not many of my close friends or family are into reading and sometimes all I want to do when I finish reading a book is havi..."

Add me too.

message 10: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 1375 comments Lauren wrote: "Thank you for all the suggestions, I will certainly check it all out!"

And try the Just Finished, Just Started thread - lots of book discussion (and more besides) there!

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim Padgett-Clarke | 16 comments Lauren wrote: "Hi All,

I've recently re-ignited my Goodreads account but not many of my close friends or family are into reading and sometimes all I want to do when I finish reading a book is having a little cha..."

I would be happy to be added as a friend. I have had a couple of years of inactivity on Goodreads so I have lost touch with previous friends.

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Gill | 9 comments I have just followed you. I can't see where to invite you as a friend. I see you wrote many short stories. I started with three full novels and just published two shorts. I much prefer writing short stories.
Mike