Books on the Nightstand discussion

Mothers & Sons

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise Jane (new)

Louise Jane | 4 comments Hi there,

I'm looking for any recommendations for books about the relationship between mothers and sons?

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2781 comments Mod
Louise Jane,

Probably because I'm the mother of a son, I noticed a book with an intriguing (to me) title from several years ago, but I have not read is Raising Cain Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys by Dan Kindlon Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys.

At least I'm starting the ball rolling.
A

message 3: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 817 comments I certainly understand that title. It's had 13 editions so I assume that's it's used in schools. They need to print a new version for men. You might agree that all boys and men are babies.

message 4: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 817 comments At heart.

message 5: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 817 comments I'm thinking of buying that book.

message 6: by Yellowbelly (new)

Yellowbelly | 7 comments Mothers and Sons by Colm Toibin.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 24 comments The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe was a beautiful book about mother-son relationship as adults.

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria | 3 comments A beautiful book about a mother and her aching love for her son.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/...

message 9: by Yellowbelly (new)

Yellowbelly | 7 comments Beautiful book Maria. Great story about a mothers love for her son.

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenlb) | 51 comments Pat Conroy's Beach Music is heavily centered around the mother/son relationship. Most of his books are, in some way or another. Not necessarily happy, but great reading.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 279 comments Nancy wrote: "The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe was a beautiful book about mother-son relationship as adults."

I loved that book. Great recommendation!