Latvija discussion

General > Recommend romance books set in Latvia

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viivika (last edited Oct 11, 2016 09:03AM) (new)

Viivika Tamm (lovekad) | 4 comments Hi everyone!

I'm in the middle of a challenge Reading Through Europe - Romance Special, and looking for romance books taking place ind Latvia. Significant part of the book should concentrate on a romantic relationship and it should have a happy ending. Do you know any such books available in English?

Please let me know!

Viivika
viivika82@gmail.com

message 2: by Kristīne (new)

Kristīne Līcis | 20 comments Tough one :) I'll try and think of something, but promise nothing. Do you need Latvian authors, or just the events taking place in Latvia?

message 3: by Viivika (new)

Viivika Tamm (lovekad) | 4 comments Kristīne wrote: "Tough one :) I'll try and think of something, but promise nothing. Do you need Latvian authors, or just the events taking place in Latvia?"

For my challenge it's enough if just the events are taking place in Latvia. But if you got something that's also written by Latvian authors then I would be even happier :)

message 4: by Ieva, Moderator (last edited Oct 12, 2016 11:06AM) (new)

Ieva (aveirulz) | 222 comments Oh, this is really tough one - "happy love story" from Latvian author doesn't seem to be type of book to be translated. And the setting somehow is more attactive to crime authors, war authors etc.
But I looked up your profile - as you are from Estonia I thought of one author who must have had translated in soviet times to Estonian -as google says he is. So I suggest "Kaluri poeg" by Vilis Lacis (thaught rewritten in soviet times to contain lots of propoganda, it has a great love story in focus).

message 5: by Viivika (new)

Viivika Tamm (lovekad) | 4 comments Ieva wrote: "Oh, this is really tough one - "happy love story" from Latvian author doesn't seem to be type of book to be translated. And the setting somehow is more attactive to crime authors, war authors etc.
..."

Thank you, I will definitely look it up!

message 6: by Lauma (new)

Lauma Lapa | 32 comments I think that The Hidden Letters of Velta B. is a good one.

message 7: by Viivika (new)

Viivika Tamm (lovekad) | 4 comments Lauma wrote: "I think that The Hidden Letters of Velta B. is a good one."

Thank You! But is there any romance in this book?