David Foster Wallace discussion

What is this short story?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph J. Wood (JosephJWood) | 2 comments Hi. Someone recommended I take a look at a short story by David Foster Wallace but they couldn't recall the title nor the collection it appears in. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

All they remembered was that it was about a marriage, and at some point in the story the narrative changes into something pretty experimental. They said it was something akin to a math equations.

This is the only information I have, but if anyone can help at all, I'd really appreciate it.

message 2: by Francisco (new)

Francisco Brasil | 1 comments i'm not sure but maybe it's this one! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everyth...

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve (russillosm) | 2 comments My guess would be "Pop Quiz 6," in the highly experimental and always fascinating "Octet," on p.111 of the hardcover edition of Brief Interviews With Hideous Men.

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph J. Wood (JosephJWood) | 2 comments Thanks guys, I'll check them both out. Even if they're not the right one, I'm new to DFW so now at least I have somewhere to start.

message 5: by Ewan (new)

Ewan Yes, while the story that initially came to mind was Datum Centurio, I think it's probably Pop Quiz 6(a). Both are from Brief Interview with Hideous Men, so I recommend just reading that book because it's great.