That's Normal's Boozy Book Club discussion

Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
This topic is about Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
Melina Marchetta > Tell The Truth Shame the Devil (MAIN DISCUSSION SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beth (bethorne) | 310 comments Mod
Our fave author Melina Marchetta is BACK with her newest. AND THAT IS EVERYTHING.

Danelle Schwertner (its_danelle) | 11 comments I don't know if anyone else is reading this, but it is SO GOOD.

Kathryn | 62 comments I am really enjoying this too but it took about 50-75 pages in for me. The short chapters are driving me nuts though (lack of sleep). "The next one's short...I'll keep reading a bit longer!!"

Danelle Schwertner (its_danelle) | 11 comments I just finished it - it was really one of the best books I've read in a while. These characters - I wanted to know all of them in-depth, and I think Marchetta gave us enough that we felt we DO know them, without adding a lot of unnecessary words. SO SO GOOD.

Kathryn | 62 comments I really liked it. I felt like there was good suspense and drama. I could have done without all the HEAs though. Don't get me wrong, I love a good HEA but I get annoyed when everyone mentioned at any point in the story gets one. Give me one for the main character and don't tell me about the others. I guess that would be my only gripe. Everything wrapped up too quickly and neatly for everyone.

Danelle Schwertner (its_danelle) | 11 comments I feel like she left the story lines open for further books...which makes me super happy because I love her. I don't know that they really got HEAs, either - I mean, Bish likes a woman in prison, and we don't know where that is going - is she going to get out? His daughter would make an interesting story on her own - we have no idea where she is going after this...I get what you are saying, but I feel like those HEAs are in our grasp, but not QUITE there yet.