Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 62k modern romance set in Georgia

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiah (last edited Oct 10, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Kiah Stephens | 15 comments Naive 21-year-old Jocelyn has always dreamed of getting married and having children, and when the handsome ex-football star proposes to her, she thinks her dreams are finally coming true. Mike Andrews is charming and has a one-year-old daughter who'd been abandoned by her mother. He's also raising his kid brother who'd rather spend all day getting high than going to school.
But Jocelyn adores Mike and can't wait to spend the rest of her life with him. That is, until, tragedy strikes on the night of her engagement party which flips her life on it's head and catapults the next five years of her life into turmoil.
As Jocelyn grapples with depression and abuse she discovers that things are not always as they seem, and secrets resurface that change the course of her life yet again.
She regrets that her choices have trapped her in a position she can't escape, and finds that some people change for the better, and others . . . for the worse.

62,000 words.
Clean (minor mentions of drug use, death, violence, implied sex scenes).
Fictional romance with a bit of mystery and suspense.
Set in Georgia.

Looking for feedback on character development, pace, plotting, and any general advice/suggestions on the flow.

Message me if you're interested.
Thanks

message 2: by Marco (new)

Marco Ocram | 56 comments Hi Kiah,
I've just finished a beta, so I'm ready for a new one. Please feel free to email the MS to djshaughnessy@outlook.com

Best wishes

Marco (my nom de plume!)