Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Fantasy - 50k Words

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 85 comments I am looking for a beta reader for my YA Fantasy, DEATH'S QUEEN. I'm looking for opinion on how to expand it and/or any general information about what you think while reading it. I am open to trading manuscripts if it's also a clean YA book. Thanks!

Blurb:

She’s never had a name, and is meant to do nothing but kill. That is, until the day she says “no more.” She decides to take the Death Drink—a beverage that kills anyone who isn't destined to be royalty. Problem is, she drinks it and lives.

Instead of being an assassin, she's the queen of the nation of Valcora. But now, someone else wants her dead. Determined to live now that she has a purpose in watching over her countrymen, she sets out to find out who is sending these assassins. She must use all her training from her previous life to thwart the attacks on her life or else she'll die and never be able to take care of her people.

message 2: by Kallista (new)

Kallista | 14 comments Wow, your story sounds fascinating. I would love to be able to beta read for you if you're still looking.

message 3: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 85 comments Thank you so much, Kallista! I'm definitely still looking. I usually work in Word .doc files if that works for you. If not, I can be flexible.

Email me at janealfalor@gmail.com and we can work out the details. :)

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Stafinski | 26 comments Hey Janeal! I also have a YA/NA fantasy story that I'm looking for a beta for. If you'd like, I'd be down for a swap. I can also email you my first chapter or the synopsis so you can decide if it's up your alley.

Let me know! My email is nstafins@kent.edu

message 5: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor | 85 comments Thanks, Nikki! Emailed you.