Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > HA Secret Santa 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hello All, Ms Santa Claus here,

I'ts that time again. I have been approached at the North Pole and asked for a shorter deadline, to enable you all to get your Christmas packages wrapped and posted in time for that special time of year.

As we all love reading, especially horror, what would be better then to actually receive a good book to read for Christmas.

If you are interested in participating let me know. I think if we start now and have a deadline by November 20th, then you can all hit the shops for Black Friday and then everyone should get there secret santa present in time for Christmas.

If you are interested send me your full name and address, to my inbox with either a few titles for your Santa to choose from or a link to your wishlist if you have one (normally a great idea to have a wishlish set up).

By November 22nd, you will all know who you will have to get your little present for, but remember, it is Secret Santa so don't let it slip who you got!

Rules (I know rules at Christmas, but they are there for a reason):
1. DO NOT BE A CHEAPSKATE AND SEND YOUR OWN BOOK AS THE MAIN GIFT.

2. PLEASE HONOUR PEOPLE'S WISH LIST IF THEY HAVE ONE. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THEIR WHOLE LIST, BUT THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST ONE ITEM FROM THEIR LIST SENT TO THEM!

3. THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHETHER YOU CAN AFFORD TO PARTICIPATE WHEN THE HOLIDAY GET'S NEARER. IT'S NOT FAIR FOR PEOPLE TO PULL OUT OF THE PROGRAM AT THE LAST MINUTE.

4. IF YOU WISH TO SEND ADDITION GIFTS TO YOUR SANTA, THIS IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU. AS LONG AS YOU ALL RECEIVE AT LEAST 1 BOOK TO UNWRAP THAT IS ON YOUR WISHLIST, THEN I KNOW I HAVE DONE MY JOB.

5. PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ALL YOUR DETAILS WITH THE HEADING, "HA SECRET SANTA 2016".

6. DO NOT GIVE OUT SOMEONE'S ADDRESS TO A THIRD PARTY WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!

7. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SENT YOUR GIFT OUT AND PLEASE SHARE WITH US ALL WHAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED.

I think some people had problems with PO Box addresses last year, so could be please try to avoid these, if possible.

It's all a bit of fun, so lets get in to the Christmas spirit nice and early and start sending me your details. You do know, there are only 76 sleeps until the big day.

Let us all get the Christmas spirit flowing.

Merry Christmas, from your own Ms Santa Claus!

Mixofsunandcloud | 539 comments Sounds like fun. Time to put together a list, I guess.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Excellent Stuff

message 4: by Kevin. (new)

Kevin. McKernan | 75 comments Sure I am in

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2425 comments These were my favorite gifts last year!

message 6: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis One of my favorites things from last year too!
Thanks Sharon for setting this up!

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Metko (goodreadscomanna_metko) | 11 comments This sounds like an awesome idea! Thanks for doing it this year!

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments I love doing it. Just remember to DM me your details and wishlist.

message 9: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments I've watched this go one for a few years. I'll try to get a list together.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Good to hear it Squire. :o)

message 11: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments I'm in!

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I am in! can someone PM me how to set up a wishlist.

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10843 comments Mod
I'd like to join in.

message 14: by Sharon (last edited Nov 01, 2016 09:53AM) (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments This is going great. The list so far reads:
Mixofsoundandclouds
Kevin - still needs to send details
Lena
Vicki
Anna
Squire
Bill
Rachel
Latasha
Anastacia
Sherri
Katy - Still to send list of books

Keep your details coming in. Believe me you wont want to miss out on this fun.

Please let me know if I have missed you off the list so far.

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 130 comments Thanks Sharon for putting this together again this year. I have joined several times and have so much fun picking out secret santa books and making my person feel special. However this year I have to take a back seat. I just gave birth to a healthy baby boy so I won't have much free time to shop. Everyone have a blast and I can't wait to see what everyone receives. Happy reading everyone!

message 16: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Sorry to hear you wont be taking part, but huge congratulations on the birth of your little boy. His first Halloween and Christmas. So lovely.

message 17: by Latasha (new)

the Christmas card exchange sign up is up

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 18: by SheriC (PM) (new)

SheriC (PM) (shericpm) | 320 comments This sounds like fun! I'm in.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 1760 comments I am going to put together a wishlist for you ASAP (I have some downtime at work at the moment) and message you my details today :)

message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 900 comments I'm in.

message 21: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Not long now. Keep sending in your details with your wishlist. Katy I still need yours. :o)

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 900 comments Sharon wrote: "Not long now. Keep sending in your details with your wishlist. Katy I still need yours. :o)"

OK. Will send. Sorry for the delay.

message 23: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments No worries, still got time. :o)

message 24: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 900 comments Sharon wrote: "No worries, still got time. :o)"

Goodreads is in the middle of GoodReads Choice voting for 2016. I tried to access the Round One selections for Horror, but that list is closed. Round Two opens in a few days, and I may review those.

message 25: by SheriC (PM) (new)

SheriC (PM) (shericpm) | 320 comments Sharon, this is the first time I've done this, so not sure what to expect. Will you send a PM with my Santa info and instructions? When do you think you'll get the list out?

message 26: by Sharon (last edited Nov 07, 2016 08:08AM) (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hi Sheri, I will send you the details via PM. I will get the details to you before Black Friday so you can hit the shops. I will send you the details by Monday 21st November. I hope this helps.

message 27: by SheriC (PM) (new)

SheriC (PM) (shericpm) | 320 comments Sharon wrote: "Hi Sheri, I will send you the details via PM. I will get the details to you before Black Friday so you can hit the shops. I will send you the details by Monday 21st November. I hope this helps."
Yes, perfect. Thanks!

message 28: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) I will join again this year, I will send you a message later on today.

message 29: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Ok Carlos. Thank you

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been unwell, the list will go out today.

message 31: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2425 comments Thank you! Hope you feel better Sharon. I know I will when I hit the bookstores!

message 32: by Latasha (new)

Oh no Sharon! Hope you feel better soon!

message 33: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hello all,

You should have received your secret Santa details now. Please let me know if I have made an error and sent you your own details.

Let us all know what treats you get when you get them.

message 34: by Latasha (new)

I received mine! Thank you.

message 35: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 900 comments Sharon wrote: "Hello all,

You should have received your secret Santa details now. Please let me know if I have made an error and sent you your own details.

Let us all know what treats you get when you get them."

Hey everyone. And...um...don't forget the gift card should show "Secret Santa."

I forgot and my name is showing on the gift tag, so...don't do what I did, LOL!

My Secret Santa pal will know who I am, so when you see something from me, that's your surprise...

Act surprised, OK?

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) | 75 comments Ugh! I missed this deadline this year too! It's been a very busy fall. I will catch you all next year. Everyone have a great Christmas and New Year!!!

message 37: by SheriC (PM) (new)

SheriC (PM) (shericpm) | 320 comments I got the details on my SS. Black Friday, here I come!

message 38: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments This is the first year I've done this, and it's so nice to be able to give books to other readers! (No one in my immediate family really appreciates them...)

message 39: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Squire wrote: "This is the first year I've done this, and it's so nice to be able to give books to other readers! (No one in my immediate family really appreciates them...)"

I totally get it, Squire. Same thing with my family. I don't even want them buying me books because they are clueless when it comes to the books I like. I did get a $100 Cemetery Dance gift certificate for my birthday this year which was awesome! I spent it in about 10 minutes ;)

message 40: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments CD! Bonus!!!

But, it took you 10 whole minutes to spend it??? I guess if you have a slow internet connection...

I bought my niece a signed copy of the Divergent series from Easton Press last year because she had read it and raved about it. Now she's moved on to other books and thinks Roth is a terrible writer (not that I disagree with her).

Oh well, what can you expect from a 16-year old girl?

message 41: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2425 comments These were my favorite gifts last year wrapped gorgeously under my tree. She even included a bookmark! Now I give everyone a TBR link at Christmas.

message 42: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis Just put my gift books in the mail today. Am so excited for my person...
Happy Holidays everyone!

message 43: by Latasha (new)

I'm waiting on 2 then mine are off as well.

message 44: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Great stuff, glad you are all having fun.

message 45: by Squire (last edited Nov 30, 2016 04:21AM) (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments I'm having a blast with this. One more to go (I should get it today) and I can pack my sleigh and head out on my way!

message 46: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2425 comments Waiting on two.

message 47: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 814 comments And, of course, they sent me the wrong item!

...sigh...

message 48: by Latasha (new)

Oh no!!

message 49: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2425 comments Damn that sucks Squire.

message 50: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments That is typical. Hope they send the right one soon Squire.

« previous 1 3