GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Leave a Crooked Path
This topic is about Leave a Crooked Path
Debut author > Looking for a few reviewers for Literary Fiction

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 12 comments I would like to review this book.
Shelby Londyn-Hath

message 2: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 12 comments I am looking for anyone interested in reviewing my psychological thriller. It is about the Child Protective Services and how a social worker (main character) gets into a challenging bind with a co-worker who sets out to destroy him. The conflict intensifies as the destructive co-worker continues to destroy other workers. When she believes she has risen to the top of the department, the social worker, rises up to meet her on new terrain. It is there she reveals her true self, as he faces the pivotal task of destroying her or transforming himself.

message 3: by Simone (new)

Simone (simoneh) | 5 comments I'd like to trade reviews with an author who has written a literary fiction novel. Leave a Crooked Path by Simone Paradis Hanson
Please respond here or send me an email message. Thanks!

message 4: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Jackson | 6 comments Hi Simone,
My literary fiction novel ' Too Loud a Silence' came out at the end of 2017. See it on Amazon. I would be happy to trade reviews with you if you are interested. I am fairly new to Goodreads so not sure how it works. Where does the review appear? Let me know if you are interested. Hope your book is doing well. Jo Jackson

message 5: by Simone (last edited Mar 17, 2017 07:11AM) (new)

Simone (simoneh) | 5 comments Hi Jo,
I think the review only shows up on your book's page. I'm not that familiar with Goodreads either. I read the first page of your book on Amazon and would like to trade reviews. I was thinking we could purchase each other's book since they're the same price (mine is $10). We could put a review on both Goodreads and Amazon. And, provided we like each other's book, put it on fb, blogs, whatever. What do you think?
You can see my blog at simonehanson.wordpress.com

message 6: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Let's do that. I don't have a blog but will certainly put it on Amazon, fb, twitter etc. I belong to 3 bookgroups on fb, Book Connectors, Bookaholic cafe and Good housekeeping. They have a wide audience. I read your blog - we have a lot of ideas in common. I look forward to reading your book. I will wait to hear from you then press the button!

message 7: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Jackson | 6 comments Forgot to say my website is jojacksonwriter.com if you want to have a look.

message 8: by Simone (new)

Simone (simoneh) | 5 comments That sounds great. I just noticed on Amazon that my book is not available in paperback form. I have had so much trouble with Ingram Spark, it's unbelievable. Do you have a kindle? That looks like it's working. I've contacted Ingram, but they are very slow about returning emails. How has Lulu been for you?
I will buy the paperback of your book if you want to buy the kindle version, that way we are both spending about the same. I'm looking forward to reading your book!

message 9: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Jackson | 6 comments No problem. I will buy the Kindle version and reply to your email more fully later.

message 10: by Simone (new)

Simone (simoneh) | 5 comments Sounds good. Thanks!

message 11: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have downloaded your book so will start it when I finish the one I I am reading at present - a non fiction book by Esther Cheo Ying, about her experiences in Red China. Uncomfortable reading.
Lulu have been ok. They are very small in the U.K. but have good customer service apparently. I haven't needed to test that yet. What I was disappointed about is that in the U.K. they don't offer a matt cover and also the A5 size they publish in is quite unusual over here. However most people buy either the kindle version or I had a quantity published by a traditional printers so that it would be accepted into the bookshops. I am very pleased with the quality of that version.
Did you get many responses to your request? Writing a book is definitely the easy bit. It's the marketing that's the headache. Love to hear how it works in the States.
Email jojackson589@gmail.com

message 12: by Simone (new)

Simone (simoneh) | 5 comments Hi Jo, I just sent you an email but my computer is giving me all kinds of dire warning signs that my connection is not connected. Something like that. I'll resend in the morning if it doesn't go through.
Simone