Volusia County Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 > Do you believe your age can keep you from being successful?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Seiler | 142 comments Question 2

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela  | 5 comments I think that age can hinder your path to success but I don't think it can totally keep you from being successful. Sometimes you have to alter course and take a detour, The path may be long.

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Seiler | 142 comments Yes I agree that age (especially 50+) can and usually does hinder employ-ability. However an individual's mental attitude whether positive or negative is not really related to age. If a person believes they are too young or too old to be successful it probably has nothing to do with their age

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela  | 5 comments Jeff wrote: "Yes I agree that age (especially 50+) can and usually does hinder employ-ability. However an individual's mental attitude whether positive or negative is not really related to age. If a person beli..."

I was looking at this from all aspects of life not just employ-ability. Definitely age is hindrance in employ-ability. My daughter is facing that problem now. When I was her age I had already been working for two years. Now everywhere you go they want you to be at least 18 years old. Then they want you to have experience but some of these kids are not able to get experience because the number of jobs are limited to them. For the older worker I think it is much more difficult to find good work. Success, depending on the situation is hard to measure. Each individuals idea of success is going to be different. Some peoples standards are really low and some are really high. I feel that I have been successful in my life. It's not where I had imagined my life would be 25 years ago. I sometimes wish I had done other things but I don't consider myself less successful because my path took a detour.

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Seiler | 142 comments Well said......I agree

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.