City of Heavenly Readalongs discussion

Coraline
This topic is about Coraline
Coraline > Start to finish

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gine Bugge Sande | 62 comments Since this is such a short book and I don't own a physical copy, I have decided that there will only be one stop in this book, and that is the end. Come back when you have finished the book ;)

Did you like the book? What will you rate it? Was it as you expected? Do you want to read more by Neil Gaiman? Have you seen the movie? If so, did you like the movie or the book best?

Gine Bugge Sande | 62 comments I have completely forgot to comment on this!

I did like it. It was weird and strange. Not really that scary, but since I have seen the movie a long time ago, I pictured everything which made it more scary. Also, I listened to this on audiobook and the narration was so good! Neil Gaiman makes it even more wonderful and the music + the mice singing was actually a bit creepy.

I don't really know if I like the movie or the book the best. There's such a long time since I've seen the movie so I don't think I have an opinion there.

When it comes to the question on whether I want to read more from Neil Gaiman or not, I can safely say yes. I already did actually. I finished The Graveyard Book today and it was even better that Coraline.

message 3: by Annabel (new)

Annabel | 19 comments I enjoyed it tremendously. I did not find it particuarly scary, but considering it is eritten for another age group, I guess it would be scary when I was 10.
The fact that it's short makes it even more enjoyable.

I'd give Coraline 3 stars, meaning I liked it, but I was not emotionaly moved by it.