What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy novel series, set in a medieval time about a boy with untapped magic potential who enters the world of magic.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damon (new)

Damon Cooper | 1 comments I think the novels were aimed at teenagers to young adults, I read them roughly 4 years ago. One book had a magical great tree on the cover. A young boy marries up with a wizard who learns about his untapped potential for magic. The wizard tries to teach him magic along the way but, (without giving away spoilers) stuffs up along the way, sometimes leaving havok. He has his first fight with an enemy at a siege and overpowers another well known sorcerer. The magic itself is more of a wierd kind ive never read about before, but basically, the boy can do things by willing it to be, ie make the enemy slower and heavier and making allies faster and stronger. One of the books out of the series was about a massive tree, where he, and a girl go. But thats about all I can remember. I had a thought about the main characters name and remembered something like cadell, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (conservio) | 97 comments Shadows on the Stars was it by chance this series?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Damon, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanie_meyers) | 50 comments The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. The magic is similar and in the second book he spends a good amount of time at a tree with a girl.