The London School Of Performing Arts discussion

Dance Program > Weigh-Ins

Comments Showing 1-50 of 184 (184 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Ri (last edited Oct 11, 2016 10:14PM) (new)

Ri *Roleplay's with teachers only*

*UPDATE*

The room has been renovated! It now looks like a doctors office. There is a traditional seat pad thing in the far corner. There is a scale in front of it. On the opposite corner, there is a sink and some tools. In the third corner there is a table and computer for the teacher. In the last corner, there is a treadmill. Sometimes teachers may use this room for reasons other than weigh-ins.

If a teacher is concerned or would like to know a students weight, they take them here. Then they would record it and decided what to do next.

It's all very private, and all with good intentions, meant to make sure a dancer is healthy enough to keep up with the physical exertion.

https://goo.gl/images/1mSc8Y
https://goo.gl/images/wPbWxb

message 2: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano walked into the room. She made sure Genevieve was inside before locking the door. She grabbed her notebook out of her bag and looked at Genevieve. "Now. This is the weigh-in room. Teachers like myself take students here to check their weight if they are concerned," She informed Genevieve. "Then they decided what to do from there," She told Genevieve. She paused and looked at Genevieve. "Genevieve. I would like to do a weigh-in with you," She informed the girl softly. Miss Mariano hoped the girl wasn't too embarrassed. Students were normally very embarrassed.

message 3: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

purplebookworm (puplebookworm) | 671 comments Mod
Genevieve bit her lip. "Okay." She said with a nod. She had never done one and didn't know what to do. She stood awkwardly, waiting for Miss Mariano.

message 4: by Ri (new)

Ri (( you can pick a weight for Vi to be. It doesn't matter just pick a random one ))

message 5: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

((120? Idk))

message 6: by Ri (new)

Ri (( that's good ))

Miss Mariano smiled. She didn't seem embarrassed. Just nervous. Miss Mariano walked over and adjusted the screen so Genevieve couldn't see it when she was on the scale. "Please remove your shoes and step on the scale," She said softly, indicating to the platform like structure. Miss Mariano grabbed her notebook and waited.

message 7: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve carefully slipped off her shoes. She stood on the scale.

message 8: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano carefully looked at the scale. "Okay Genevieve. Now we have to talk," She informed the girl. "I think monthly weigh-in's would be beneficial, don't you?" She asked her. Miss Mariano scratched something into her notebook. "You weigh 120 pounds," She informed Genevieve softly. Miss Mariano looked at Genevieve for her reaction.

message 9: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve nodded a confused look on her face. She didn't know if that was good or bad. "Ok." She said.

message 10: by Ri (new)

Ri "That's a pretty steady weight," She informed Genevieve with a smile. Miss Mariano bit her lip slightly. "However, I would like you to lose 10 pounds by the next monthly weigh in," She informed Genevieve. Miss Mariano scratched that information into her book. "Then we will work on other things like obtaining more muscle," She told Genevieve. Miss Mariano looked at Genevieve and waited.

message 11: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve nodded. "How can I do that?" She asked. She had never had to loose weight before.

message 12: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano was so glad the girl asked. "Quite simple really. Eat healthy food, and keep dancing. The weight should simply come off," She said with a laugh. Miss Mariano was pleased at the girl. "Any other questions?" She asked Genevieve. Miss Mariano knew this must be hard for the girl.

message 13: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve shook her head. It seemed very reasonable. She especially liked the dancing part. "No." She said. She wondered what would happen next.

message 14: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano smiled. "Wonderful. Thank you Genevieve. That will be all. I will see you in class," She said. Miss Mariano made a few last marks in her notebook before closing it. She smiled again at Genevieve and unlocked the door. She walked out of the room, leaving Genevieve to make the next move.

message 15: by Ri (new)

Ri (( can you post twice? Once with vi leaving and then with miss Victoria. Ry can be waking by and miss Victoria can call her in ))

message 16: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Genevieve left the room to continue practicing.

message 17: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Anna saw Ry in the hallway. "Can you please come with me for a moment?" She asked the girl nicely. She walked into room and held the door open for her.

message 18: by Ri (new)

Ri Ry was walking by when she heard the pointe teacher call to her. "Um sure," She said nervously. Ry entered the room and gulped. What was this room for? All it had was a scale. She looked curiously as she shrugged her tote off her shoulder. All she was wearing was a leo, tights, and little dance shoe covers.

message 19: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Anna smiled. "This is a weigh in. I'm going to weigh you to make sure your fit for dance." She said. She gestured to the scale. "Please, take off your shoes and step on the scale." She said.

message 20: by Ri (new)

Ri (( she'll be 130 ))

"Oh," Ry said quietly. She wondered why the teacher was doing this. Maybe the did it for everyone. "Okay," She said. Ry slipped off her shoes and stepped onto the scale. She stood their uncomfortably in her leotard and tights. Ry was pretty nervous. What if she weighed to much? Would they kick her out?

message 21: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Anna nodded and wrote in her notebook. "You weigh 130." She told the girl. She smiled reassuring to Ry. "What is your name?" She asked. It had slipped her mind to ask.

message 22: by Ri (new)

Ri Ry's stomach dropped a little. "Um. Is that good or bad?" She asked nervously. "Oh. Ry. Ry Hagen," She informed the teacher. "Do I have to come back again?" Ry asked the teacher. She had heard stories of girls who had to come back every single day. Was Ry going to be told to lose weight?

message 23: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Anna smiled. "I want you to come back next month. Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. Please try to loose some weight by then. This isn't bad, I just want to make sure your perfectly fit for dancing.

message 24: by Ri (new)

Ri Ry nodded. "Okay," She said quietly. "Can I go now?" Ry asked the teacher hopefully.

message 25: by purplebookworm, Ballet Queen Of Balletness (new)

Anna nodded. "Yes." She said, opening the door. "Thank you."

message 26: by Ri (new)

Ri "You're welcome," Ry said as she walked out.!

message 27: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano sat in the room. Since it was the beginning of the year, they were doing weigh-ins for most of the students. Normally after summer break students didn't have a stable weight or were very out of shape. She was actually waiting for a student now, one she had noticed in class. Miss Mariano sent her a letter to come here, although she didn't specify why. The letter only had the room number. Miss Mariano felt the need to do a weigh-in with this girl.

message 28: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 848 comments Mod
Zuri walked into the room, she was scared not nervous. She had the letter crumpled in one hand and her phone in the other, she was holding it so hard that her knuckles where white.

message 29: by Ri (new)

Ri (( can you pick a weight Zuri will be? Just like put in brackets up here so I can use it in a minute))

Miss Mariano looked up. The girl was here. "Hello. Zuri?" She checked to make sure. Poor girl looked very scared. "Do you know what this room is, or why you are here?" She asked the girl. Miss Mariano realized that this might scare Zuri a little, but she wanted to know if the girl had heard rumors or anything.

message 30: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (last edited Oct 10, 2016 07:59PM) (new)

((145))

"Yes I know why I am here, we have them at my studio." Zuri stammered. She hated weigh ins. Her dance teacher made her starve so she wasn't "fat". She hoped this teacher was't like that.

message 31: by Ri (new)

Ri (( thanks ))

Miss Mariano brightened. "Awesome!" She said. Zuri should know the drill and be fine with this. A question occurred in her brain. "What have they had you do at your old studio? Have you been told to lose weight, have they commented on your weight, etc?" She asked Zuri. If her old studio had just told her to lose 20 pounds, she wasn't going to tell her to lose 20 more! Someone who had done this before hadn't ever been weighed by Miss Mariano, and she was curious.

message 32: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

"Actually, I was told to starve myself." Zuri stammered. She really wanted t leave, she was clenching her phone eve harder.

message 33: by Ri (new)

Ri "What!" Miss Mariano exclaimed. "That's horrible!" She said sadly. Miss Mariano looked at Zuri with sympathy. "One last question. What weight were you when you were told to starve?" She asked. Miss Mariano waited. She grabbed her notebook and pen. She wanted to record this information.

message 34: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

"165, i was overweight from being sick and it made me more sick." Zuri whispered. She didn't like talking about it.

message 35: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano looked at Zuri sadly. 165 was not overweight. Sure, she could of lost a few pounds then, but not overweight. "Well Zuri. Thank you for sharing. Please take off your shoes and step on the scale," Miss Mariano instructed Zuri. She turned the screen away from Zuri so she couldn't see the number once she was on the scale.

message 36: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri took off her shoes and stood on the scale, she was very nervous.

message 37: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano looked at the scale and Zuri on it. She wrote down the number in her notebook. "Well Zuri, you weigh 145 pounds," She informed her, turning the screen so Zuri could see. "I think monthly visits back here, don't you? Or weekly? You may decide," She told Zuri. Miss Mariano would discuss their next move after Zuri chose.

message 38: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (last edited Oct 10, 2016 08:14PM) (new)

"Can I do weekly visits please, because my doctor would think it would bea good idea" Zuri said. She didn't want to bug her teacher.

message 39: by Ri (new)

Ri Miss Mariano was pleased. "Of course. Have you talked to your doctor about this then? What did they say?" She asked Zuri. They would talk about next steps in a minute. The story of Zuri just kept progressing.

message 40: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

"Before I can here I had weekly check ups to make sure I was gaining weight and not losing it." ZurI said.

message 41: by Ri (new)

Ri "Ah. They don't want you to lose any then?" She asked. Miss Mariano bit her lip. She didn't want to go against what Zuri's doctor said, but at the same time they did have standards here at LSOPA.

message 42: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

" But I can lose only 10 pounds as long as I build muscle," She said

message 43: by Ri (new)

Ri "Okay then. Shall we discuss what we're going to do then? You have a kind of complex case. Normally, if someone weighed 145 pounds we would have them have weekly weigh-ins to lose weight. However, for you it's different. How about try to lose 10 pounds by the next visit? Please don't starve yourself through," She told Zuri. Miss Mariano waited to see if that was good with Zuri.

message 44: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

"OK, that works for me, am I good now?" she asked

message 45: by Ri (new)

Ri "Of course. I'll see you next week," She told Zuri. Miss Mariano looked down and started writing in her notebook. This was going to be an interesting case with Zuri...

message 46: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

Zuri walked out the door, nervous for what would happen next

message 47: by Ri (new)

Ri (( Next Week ))

Miss Mariano bustled into the room. She reviewed her notes and waited. It was time for Zuri's first weekly weigh-in. She wondered if Zuri had lost the 10 pounds yet. Frankly, that'd be quite surprising. She waited patiently for Zuri.

(( I think it'd be kind of funny if Zuri actually gained some weight, like 5 to 10 pounds. What do you think? ))

message 48: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

((OK))

"Hi, Miss|" Zurich said, she wasn't as nervous as last time but still a little,

message 49: by Ri (new)

Ri (( perfect ))

Miss Mariano grinned. "Hello Zuri. I think you know the drill. Please remove your shoes and step on the scale," She said, indicating to the platform. Miss Mariano turned the screen away and went over to lock the door. She walked back over and waited to see the number.

(( maybe say how Zuri though she did in your post ))

message 50: by Zuri , Musical And Vocal Empress of Musicalness and Vocalness (new)

" I think I did pretty good this week" Zuri said happily, she took off her wedges and stepped in the scale,

« previous 1 3 4