Black Coffee discussion

Midnight Sleeper: Visions of the Jazz Age
This topic is about Midnight Sleeper
Authors > Midnight Sleeper , Series 1 (Pullman Porter Mystery and the Jazz Age)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raeder (new) - added it

Raeder Lomax (raederlomax) Hi everyone, glad to be in this group!

Each week I'm going to tell a very short story (a paragraph at most) about information I gleamed from my research for the psychological thriller: MIDNIGHT SLEEPER

In the coming days, you'll hear about the fascinating details that each Pullman Porter (African Americans) had to know to succeed in his job on the railroad. So stay tuned.

In the meantime, here's the synopsis of this psychological thriller:

MIDNIGHT SLEEPER: (no plot spoilers)

In a race against time, against those who hate and kill...There are those who sometimes have to be killed.

It is 1925, the depths of Prohibition. Bootleggers are bloodying the streets. Easy money and Wall Street insider trading are secretly picking its winners and losers.

Lynchings and mob justice fatten the headlines. The Klu Klux Klan is marching by the thousands while its leader poisons his mistress.

But there is a rebellion, and it is embodied in a young "flapper", equal to any man, and one cool Pullman porter, who ride the trains in a race against time...Welcome to Midnight Sleeper, Series 1.

Also: 25 Free Copies for the first 25 serious reviewers of this book.

Go to — www.raederlomax.com — and just fill in the form so that you're ebook will be uploaded to your Kindle app/device Oct. 27, 2016 publication day.

best,
Raeder

message 2: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2489 comments Mod
This sounds very interesting Raeder. I'm looking forward to it. Best of luck!

message 3: by Raeder (new) - added it

Raeder Lomax (raederlomax) Thank you Lulu, and can't wait to hear what you have to say :). Leave me your address and I'll send you a print copy for free.