What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Vampire Romance. Male Vampires with human mates whose mind they can partly control. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tolpan (new)

Tolpan | 3 comments Hi,
i'm looking for some books(same series) which i read 2014 or 2015. the first book is about a girl who lost her parents, and maybe her brother too. She now lives in their house above the sea alone with her dog and earns her living with painting pictures and selling them to tourists(not sure if that is the only source of her income). Her ex-boyfriend wants to get back with her because his mother wants to get a hold of her land to build cottages for the tourists. I don't know how exactly the vampire arrives, but he saves her when she has a car accident, and later again when the ex-bf and his mother try to force her to marry him only to murder her when it's done. Also when the vampire shows a picture she painted to his sire(?), the sire recognizes his beloved who died, and for whose rebirth he is now waiting and searching (thats the plot of a following part of the series). What i can also remember is that all the male vampires can, at least partly, manipulate the minds of their mates.
I'm sorry about the mistakes i made, but english is not my first language and i tried my best. Thanks for your patience and your help!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Was this book English? Do you remember where it was set--U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany etc. The tourist town--was it a big city, small town, village? What age group was this aimed at--YA, NA, adult?

message 3: by Tolpan (new)

Tolpan | 3 comments Sorry, yes it was in english and set in the U.S. . I think the town was a small town, and the book itself was maybe for NA or adult.

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 47 comments I think you're describing A Vampire's Garden of Stones which is the first in the series. Not sure how many books there were in the series.

I feel I should warn anyone planning to read that these that the issue of the mind control wasn't tackled and seemed, to me at least, to be getting more extreme in the subsequent books. Enough so that the issue made me uncomfortable enough to stop reading. Obviously other views may vary but I feel it may be a trigger for some so do be aware.

message 5: by Tolpan (new)

Tolpan | 3 comments Wohoo, thank you very much! that's what i was looking for.