You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

The Silmarillion
This topic is about The Silmarillion
Buddy Reads > The Silmarillion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda Thomas (fisheuropa) Hi Friends! A few of us are going to read The Silmarillion starting in December.

I'll be working through the book along with a seminar series by Prof. Corey Olsen. You can check those out here: http://tolkienprofessor.com/lectures/... My plan is to work through 2-3 seminars a week and finish in late February or early March.

Listening to the seminars is totally optional. They are pretty lengthy. And seriously... I will nerd out with anyone who wants to read this book with me :D

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48006 comments Thanks for posting the thread, Amanda. I'm looking forward to it. We've got a couple of "serialized" books coming up for buddy reads.

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48006 comments Amanda, did we decide on a specific date in December to start our buddy read?

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48006 comments Amanda, are you still wanting to read The Silmarillion? When do you want to start?

message 5: by Joan (new)

Joan This sounds interesting- have you set a date?

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48006 comments Amanda wanted to read it in December. I just noticed that she's left the group. I'm not all that keen to pursue this now since I have other priorities for the next few months.

message 7: by Joan (new)

Joan Ah me too...have a happy New Year!

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Silmarillion (other topics)