Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Request to Change Book Description

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Gauer | 2 comments Hello!

This is my book, and it's being published on October 11. I wish to update the book description as soon as possible!

I would like to totally wipe out what's there and replace with this:

New copy begins below line:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
". . . big, brainy, trippy, Technicolor noir . . ."
-- Starred KirkusReview, August 15, 2016

"An amazing novel, a literary masterpiece that reads like a thriller . . . the most fun reading I've had in ages."
-- Steven Moore, author of The Novel: An Alternative History

Ambitious, groundbreaking, and fiendishly funny, Novel Explosives travels down the mean streets of venture finance, money laundering, and the Juárez drug wars on a torrent of linguistic virtuosity infused with a rarefied business I.Q. and mastery of everything from philosophy to pharmaceuticals, poetry to thermobaric weaponry. While an amnesiac, two gunmen, and a venture capitalist entangle and entwine in a do-or-die search for identity, at the palpitating heart of this novel, at its roiling fundamental core, lies an agonizing reappraisal of the way America behaves in the world, a project as worthy and urgent as it gets.

Jim Gauer is a mathematician, widely published poet, and possibly the world's only Marxist Venture Capitalist.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
End changes.

Would love if the spacing as typed here is preserved in the description when posted.

Thank you so much!

Best,
Jim

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19991 comments Praise/reviews and author info are not allowed in the book description.
Added the description part above to the book (the old description also had the praise/reviews, which would also have been removed when a librarian saw it).

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Gauer | 2 comments Arenda wrote: "Praise/reviews and author info are not allowed in the book description.
Added the description part above to the book (the old description also had the praise/reviews, which would also have been rem..."

Understood! Thanks for making the changes, and informing me of your policy!

-Jim