ReadATheme ReadAThon discussion

90 views
November's theme

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeannot (new)

Jeannot | 18 comments Mod
Hey guys. Sooo November's theme is : refugees' stories. We will talk about immigration for the entire weekend. :)


Anne (ReadEatGameRepeat) Interesting choice, any recommendations? I don't think I currently own any books about refugees, nor can I really think of any ?


message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandalynreads) What is the date for november's read-a-thon?


message 4: by Jeannot (new)

Jeannot | 18 comments Mod
The readathon is from the 4th of november at 6pm (follow your time zone) till the 6th at 11;59. It's always the first weekend of the month

Americanah and The Kite Runner are two great books about refugee stories.

You can check those links for more recommendations

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chikao/17-bo...

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...


message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (punkrockgirlpa) | 1 comments I read orange houses recently and it touches base on refugees... It's a fiction book and super short perfect for a quick read :) if anyone's looking for recommendations its also a good diverse read as well


Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) I've already read The Kite Runner and it was so heartbreaking. A great read though.

Hmm, I may check out the companion pieces to that for this readathon.


message 7: by David (new)

David (bookishspider) | 5 comments I'll be reading Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan, and I might find something else too. Super excited for this one!


message 8: by Bernadett (new)

Bernadett | 2 comments Jeanne (Such a Bookaholic) wrote: "Hey guys. Sooo November's theme is : refugees' stories. We will talk about immigration for the entire weekend. :)"
ah this is sooo good. i have a few books ive started (mainly ww2 ones) i wanna get to so its an amazing opportunity.


message 9: by Jeannot (new)

Jeannot | 18 comments Mod
Bernadett wrote: "Jeanne (Such a Bookaholic) wrote: "Hey guys. Sooo November's theme is : refugees' stories. We will talk about immigration for the entire weekend. :)"
ah this is sooo good. i have a few books ive st..."


great! :)


message 10: by Jeannot (new)

Jeannot | 18 comments Mod
David wrote: "I'll be reading Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan, and I might find something else too. Super excited for this one!"

I actually never heard of this one!


message 11: by Jeannot (new)

Jeannot | 18 comments Mod
Izzy wrote: "I read orange houses recently and it touches base on refugees... It's a fiction book and super short perfect for a quick read :) if anyone's looking for recommendations its also a good diverse read..."

thank you for suggesting it :)


message 12: by David (new)

David (bookishspider) | 5 comments Jeanne (Such a Bookaholic) wrote: "David wrote: "I'll be reading Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan, and I might find something else too. Super excited for this one!"

I actually never heard of this one!"


It's one of my favorite middle grade novels! I read it once almist every year.


Anne (ReadEatGameRepeat) hey everyone - do we know the December theme yet?


Anne (ReadEatGameRepeat) Anyone there?


message 15: by David (new)

David (bookishspider) | 5 comments I was told there isn't going to be a December round Anne


message 16: by Laetitia (new)

Laetitia (lakaiser) :(


Anne (ReadEatGameRepeat) that sucks :( kinda wish they announced it here at least - I was looking forward to this month since I actually have the time to participate without any other things needing my attention :( oh well. guess Ill be reading by myself ;)


message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandalynreads) oh thats sad I finally have the time for a read-a-thon this month. anyone know of another group doing one this month?


message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Barringer (Ravenmount) (ravenmount) The group I am co-host for, Shadow Reading Lounge, has monthly readathons. They are not themed, but I love the idea, so maybe we'll absorb that as a suggested option for folks who want to try it. I'm thinking of trying a place theme, either France, or Africa, for this weekend's 24in48 readathon, to see how that goes.


message 20: by Bernadett (new)

Bernadett | 2 comments ive read love in torn land by jean sasson for this months theme heres my review of it
https://itsamunthing.wordpress.com/20...


back to top