Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric | 1175 comments Mod
Time to plan. Where? When? Who? What?

message 2: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 308 comments how

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (bookandcat) | 31 comments hoping if there's one that I can go!

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katsikes) | 171 comments I don't know the answers to any of those, but I'm in wherever!!

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2763 comments Mod
I'm trying to poke the dragon, Eric. Someone else sent me a message the other day to ask if I knew anything. I don't, but I'm trying to find out something.

Stay tuned.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it will be the first weekend in May in Manchester.

message 6: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann | 99 comments I will be anxiously awaiting....

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments Eric wrote: "Time to plan. Where? When? Who? What?"

Eric - I have no answers either, but. whenever, wherever I will be there :) Last yeas was my first experience and I loved every minute!!

Thank you for starting the discussion

message 8: by Linda (new)

Tracy at Northshire is working for the first weekend of May, but does not have this confirmed yet. She hopes to be making an announcement next week.

That said, last year she would tell me something like that and it would take twice as long for her to get the information to us.

I'll report when I know more.

message 9: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann | 99 comments Thanks so much for "keeping on it," Linda!

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb | 92 comments Thanks Linda!!

message 11: by Sue (new)

Sue | 415 comments Waiting here with bated breath!

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (ckubala) | 555 comments Mod
Thanks Linda...

message 13: by SEY (new)

SEY (literarylovavore) | 42 comments Hope it works out for 2017.

message 14: by Linda (new)

Yesterday, Tracy from Northshire Bookstore sent out an e-mail to people who attended or who expressed interest in attending the last Booktopia. She said that the dates for Booktopia 2017 will definitely be May 5 and May 6. No other information is available at the moment. More information will be coming about when to call for room reservations.

message 15: by Nan (new)

Nan (vtgoat) | 39 comments I can't wait!

message 16: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katsikes) | 171 comments I was so excited about Booktopia 2017 for about two weeks. Then I got the save the date announcement from a dear family friend for her wedding :( Really bummed I will miss Booktopia. And trying not to be bitter about it ;)

message 17: by Linda (new)

Katherine wrote: "I was so excited about Booktopia 2017 for about two weeks. Then I got the save the date announcement from a dear family friend for her wedding :( Really bummed I will miss Booktopia. And trying not..."

: > (

We'll keep it going for you until 2018, Katherine.

message 18: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katsikes) | 171 comments Linda wrote: "Katherine wrote: "I was so excited about Booktopia 2017 for about two weeks. Then I got the save the date announcement from a dear family friend for her wedding :( Really bummed I will miss Booktop..." Sweet! Blocking it off already, and damn any new save the dates that come in ;)

message 19: by Carol (last edited Nov 15, 2016 07:06AM) (new)

Katherine wrote: "I was so excited about Booktopia 2017 for about two weeks. Then I got the save the date announcement from a dear family friend for her wedding :( Really bummed I will miss Booktopia. And trying not..."

I will miss you, assuming I get a spot. This happened to me the last Booktopia with Ann & Michael in Vermont. I was so disappointed. As Linda said we'll encourage Northshire to keep it going. We do have this forum and our facebook page to keep in touch.

message 20: by Linda (new)

FYI - I had a message from Tracy at Northshire today. She said that sign up for Booktopia would come in January. She also said that she has some exciting authors on board. That's all I know.

message 21: by Linda (new)

The announcement of the authors came out today. A couple of returnees that we are excited about and one newly that the news leaked out previously. Want to know more? Just go here:

https://www.northshire.com/event/manc...

message 22: by Linda (new)

A couple of us are starting to take messages for who wants to eat as a group on Thursday May 4.

Karen King Seaman is taking a count for Mulligan's. PM her or send a text her phone number is 603 860 1878.

I'm taking a count for Pad Thai. Please pm me.

message 23: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 808 comments Oh my you have Peter Heller! Because of BOTNS I read THE Painter. Have fun at BOOKTOPIA!

message 24: by Linda (new)

Gerald wrote: "Oh my you have Peter Heller! Because of BOTNS I read THE Painter. Have fun at BOOKTOPIA!"

We will, Gerald, When are you going to join us?

message 25: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 808 comments I would like to but it's just not possible right now.

message 26: by Linda (new)

Another book/author has been added to this year's agenda Edgar and Lucy by Victor Lodato Edgar and Lucy by Victor Lodato

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen | 293 comments Hi all as Linda mentioned I will be making reservations at Mulligans for Thursday night May 4th. If you are coming to BooktopiaVermont a day early and are interested in joining us please let me know. you can text me @ 603 -860-1878. looking forward to seeing everybody.

message 28: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalucia) | 136 comments Following the thread. I need to check in to see which dinner plans we'll go with but want to make sure I've got all the news. :)

(Also, OMG, Edgar and Lucy was incredible.)

message 29: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 47 comments Karen - We won't be there until late but will see if we can find folks to share a nightcap with :)

message 30: by Karen (new)

Karen | 293 comments I'm up for a night cap Suzanne. text me 603 860 1878 :)

message 31: by Carol (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Karen - We won't be there until late but will see if we can find folks to share a nightcap with :)"

I suspect I can handle one as well.

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) | 494 comments Are we still doing a book swap?

message 33: by Linda (new)

I'm pretty sure yes. I'll check it out and get back to you.

message 34: by Linda (new)

Becky wrote: "Are we still doing a book swap?"

Yes. Tracy will be sending a schedule out next week.

message 35: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) | 494 comments Linda wrote: "Becky wrote: "Are we still doing a book swap?"

Yes. Tracy will be sending a schedule out next week."

ok- I like to have things prepared lol

message 36: by Linda (new)

Becky wrote: "Linda wrote: "Becky wrote: "Are we still doing a book swap?"

Yes. Tracy will be sending a schedule out next week."

ok- I like to have things prepared lol"

Me, too, Becky. I've had my book picked out for quite a while.

message 37: by Linda (new)

Last call for reservations for Pad Thai tomorrow night about 7 p.m. So far I have one table for 8. Anyone is welcome to join us. Tracey? Nan? Marlyss? Anyone is welcome.

message 38: by Nan (new)

Nan (vtgoat) | 39 comments Thanks for the invite Linda. Unfortunately I have a full day of school tomorrow. I will be getting down to my parents' house too late to join everyone. Have fun!

message 39: by Linda (new)

I would like to encourage anyone who attended this year's Booktopia to please post, for those who live through us vicariously, any book recommendations that you heard about this weekend. I was not able to supply "secretarial skills" this year. I will subsequently list those recommended by the Northshire booksellers, but to my knowledge there are no lists of what books were exchanged through the Yankee Swap - I would like to know who went home with the copy of The Nix by Nathan Hill The Nix that I brought.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 200 comments Linda wrote: "I would like to encourage anyone who attended this year's Booktopia to please post, for those who live through us vicariously, any book recommendations that you heard about this weekend. ..."
I will add my own encouragement! Help us live vicariously!!

message 41: by Carol (new)

Yankee Swap

I gave:
Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

I got:
News of the World by Paulette Jiles News of the World

Traded by me:
The Accusation by Bandi

If my brain starts working again I'll see if I can remember other swap books from our table. I know I swapped one that I had already read but can't think of it now.

message 42: by Carol (new)

In our trivia win bag of goodies I remember seeing

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig Ginny Moon

Great reviews of those I've seen.

message 43: by Karen (new)

Karen | 293 comments Yankee Swap, BooktopiaVermont
I picked: The Atomic Weight of Love by Elizabeth Church.
I brought : Before the Fall by Noah Hawley

message 44: by Janet (last edited May 13, 2017 03:47PM) (new)

Janet (justjanet) | 790 comments I picked Anything Is Possible....it is a beautiful SIGNED copy courtesy of Dianne Batista.
I brought Sisters in Law: How Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg Went to the Supreme Court and Changed the World

Linda, my guess is one of the local people.

message 45: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vicki_c) | 366 comments I hope you all had a great time and I hope to return again at some point!

message 46: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 261 comments I received Testimony by Robbie Robertson in the book swap and gave A Meatloaf in Every Oven.

message 48: by Deb (new)

Deb | 38 comments Janet ... so happy to see you made it to Booktopia Vermont this year! Our group of friends (Nancy, Joy, Kris and I) sorely miss the wonderful Booktopia weekends we shared for four years with everyone!