What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young boy living with his mother accidentally floats down a river in a Styrofoam refrigerator box into an underground cave and is stuck there. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leopold (new)

Leopold The Cow (leopoldthecow) | 13 comments This book is a children's chapter and I read it in 2010 I think. The book is about a boy in his preteens or early teens, who's father has died in an "accident" so he lives with his mom. They live in a house on a cliff next to a river, and the house is chained to the ground. The place where they live in a mining area that is rumored to have a hidden treasure. The boy's father died in a mining accident with his friend, all that was found was his hand. His mother gets a new refrigerator and the boy is playing in the box on the river when he falls asleep and gets carried away. He soon finds himself in an underground cave with a dog that has also found its way down there. The boy goes farther into the caves and finds his father's friend who supposedly died with him stuck living down there. Turns out his father was killed by another group of guys (with dynamite I believe) searching for the treasure, the friend escaped but became stuck underground. The boy and his father's friend live together in the caves and try to find a way out. Eventually they do get out and expose the group of people for murder. The narration switches between the boy and his mother. She has unknowingly become friends with one of guys who was involved someway in her husbands murder, but the man is feeling extremely guilty about his involvement. The man is tasked with stealing a wooden box from her, which he does, but he then returns it because of his guilt.

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 389 comments Leepike Ridge, by N.D. Wilson.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Vivian, I deleted the duplicate thread since no one had responded in it yet. Please only post once per book

message 4: by Leopold (new)

Leopold The Cow (leopoldthecow) | 13 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Vivian, I deleted the duplicate thread since no one had responded in it yet. Please only post once per book"

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that there was a duplicate thread, I did not knowingly post this twice. Probably the result of my bad internet connection. Sorry.

message 5: by Leopold (new)

Leopold The Cow (leopoldthecow) | 13 comments Abigail wrote: "Leepike Ridge, by N.D. Wilson."

Yes! This is it :) Thank you!