What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance novel. Heroine recovering from pneumonia at/near beach, has a relapse and hero saves her.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Kvetko | 3 comments The main detail I recall is the heroine having pneumonia going to some type of beach house to rest and recover. She mets a man who ends up saving her life when she suffers a relapse and almost dies. There is also something about one of them hiding at this beach area from
Media but I don't recall the details. It would be a mid90 to late 2000 book (I think). Would love some help finding the name of the book!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Melissa, can you tell us more about the heroine - her job, how she got sick, her family/friends, etc.?

Is there any suspense or mystery in this contemporary romance?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Kvetko | 3 comments The thing I remember most is the pneumonia. She was ill and went to the coast to recover. Meets the hero while there and when she relapsed, she is so sick she can't talk but calls him. He knows it's her and takes her to the hospital.

I think one of them is involved in politics. Maybe her father/family or him. I don't remember much else.

Although I did spend and hour at the book store looking st authors trying to figure out who write it! Grrrr.

Thank you for replying!

message 4: by Tathariell (new)

Tathariell | 172 comments Possibly Heroes Are My Weakness? I read it a while ago, so don't remember too many details, but it starts with the heroine recovering/relapsing from illness, and is set on/near a beach.

message 5: by Anie_chan (new)

Anie_chan | 77 comments Tathariell wrote: "Possibly Heroes Are My Weakness? I read it a while ago, so don't remember too many details, but it starts with the heroine recovering/relapsing from illness, and is set on/near a be..."

The heroine did have pneumonia. She went to the island to inherit her mother's cabin. Heroine knew hero, he was briefly her stepbrother. And no hospital scene, island too small to have one.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Kvetko | 3 comments Thank you for replying! I like looked up Herod are my Weakness and sadly that wasn't it. :( The plot is too different other than the pneumonia and the book I'm hunting for would have been published before 2010. Thanks again for the idea though!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Melissa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments I think the book you’re looking for is After Midnight by Diana Palmer.

message 9: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1859 comments After Midnight for Katie's link.