NZ Intermediate School Librarians discussion

The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had
This topic is about The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had
Books for Yr 7/8 students (2017) > The best bad luck I ever had

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Ross | 17 comments This is one of the titles we have by this author I have discovered this year. Her books are set in America and cover the topics of racial prejudice and discrimination set in quite gripping historical fiction. I particularly like her characters and the resourceful and determined way they try to make things better. I even have our Principal reading these books. Other titles include 'The paper cowboy' (remember the 'communist witch hunt' propaganda of Senator McCarthy) - this is my favourite title with a wonderful boy protagonist and 'The Lions of Little Rock' - set around the time of the integration vs segregation of schools. Mature readers of historical fiction will enjoy these books as will your teachers.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeboniface) | 123 comments Gillian wrote: "This is one of the titles we have by this author I have discovered this year. Her books are set in America and cover the topics of racial prejudice and discrimination set in quite gripping historic..."
I'm not familiar with this book Gillian but I've just checked my catalogue and I see we have "Hanna's Suitcase" by the same author. I will check it out, thanks!

message 3: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Ross | 17 comments Jane wrote: "Gillian wrote: "This is one of the titles we have by this author I have discovered this year. Her books are set in America and cover the topics of racial prejudice and discrimination set in quite g..."
Jane, Hanna's Suitcase is by Karen Levine not Kristin.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeboniface) | 123 comments Gillian wrote: "Jane wrote: "Gillian wrote: "This is one of the titles we have by this author I have discovered this year. Her books are set in America and cover the topics of racial prejudice and discrimination s..."
ha ha, that's embarrassing! Thanks for pointing that out Gillian :-)