What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen book 90's(?) Like Point Horror. Girl has night terrors, ends up in hospital. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilysnail_) | 3 comments It was a teen book that I think I read in the 90's. I thought it was Point Horror/Christopher Pike or something but it doesn't look like it.

There is a girl who suffers from night terrors. One day during a move(?) she has a night terror in the car and falls out of it while it is moving. She breaks her wrist and has to stay in hospital for a while. Her mum doesn't stay with her because she doesn't like hospitals. I'm pretty sure they are doing building work on part of the hospital at the time.

The ending (view spoiler)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35769 comments Mod
The Accident by Diane Hoh (1991, Point Horror)?

Emily, can you describe the night terrors - what does she see and experience?

Who was in the car with the girl?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilysnail_) | 3 comments In the night terrors she was always getting chased by a woman with red curly hair down a corridor. (view spoiler)

Her mother was in the car with her. I can't remember if her mother had a boyfriend that was with them unfortunately but it's possible.

I'm pretty sure that at the start of the book it goes over some other examples of her hurting herself in the night due to the terrors. Falling down the stairs, trying to escape out of windows etc.

Thanks.

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Phillips | 8 comments "Night Terrors" by Nicole Davidson mentions the main character being chased by a madwoman in her dreams. Night Terrors Night Terrors by Nicole Davidson

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilysnail_) | 3 comments That is it! Thank you so much. I had completely forgotten about the Nightmares series of books. You have just unknowingly solved a few more that have been bothering me on and off for years.

I just found a copy on Ebay.

Thank you!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Accident (other topics)
Night Terrors (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diane Hoh (other topics)