Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Member-Author Section > DANGER! DANGER! BOOK PIRACY

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Larry (new)

Larry Moniz (larrymoniz) | 10 comments Kindle Direct Publishing has been hacked and the Ebook version of my book: Longhouse Homicide, ISBN 978-0979700736, is now being offered free for download in various formats. The Kindle Direct Publishing Version through Amazon operations is the only possible source for this piracy by an operation calling itself Check Out My Ink.

To operators of that site I wrote:

“Please be advised you are enabling infringement on my copyright for the book: Longhouse Homicide, ISBN 978-0979700736, by offering it for download. Unless you take steps to remedy this situation by 5 p.m. today, Oct. 7,2016, you will be subject to a legal action for copyright infringement and book piracy. I also MUST receive written confirmation from you by the specified time and date in order to withhold civil and criminal legal actions against your operation.”

Here are the links to the site and to the form in which I requested my unauthorized listing be immediately removed:

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/topics/2...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...

Adding insult to injury; apparently Amazon Kindle distributed the EBook version free of charge to one of its members based on the lack of any sales being shown in my monthly report. As a result, I’ve UNPUBLISHED all of my fiction works from Amazon Kindle pending satisfactory resolution of this most serious piracy problem. Readers here may also wish to do the same.

LONGHOUSE HOMICIDE by Larry Moniz The Cosmos by Larry Moniz The Rebellion by Larry Moniz Self-Promotion for Authors by Larry Moniz Where Solutreans Landed by Larry Moniz Chasing the Beringia Land Bridge Myth and Finding Solutrean Boats by Larry Moniz Molly's Revenge by Larry Moniz Murder in the Pinelands (Inside Story) by Larry Moniz

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) That's really terrible. Sorry to hear that.