Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Amy"s September Reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I had a good month. Now that the hurricane is over with in Palm Beach County I can post my books.
September Reads
Insidious by Catherine Coulter 4 stars
Blackout by David Rosenfelt 4 stars
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware 4 stars
The two family house by Lynda Cohen Loigman 5 stars
The couple next door by Shari Lapena
Before the fall by Noah Hawley 3 stars
The things we wish were true by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen 4 stars

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Amy: I'm glad you weathered the storm ok! Looks like a good month of books for you. My sister-in-law in North Carolina was reading by candlelight with no power tonight due to the hurricane. A dedicated reader!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Ann, we got very lucky that it went a little bit to east. We have accordian shutters so they were easy to close. I hope your sister-in-law gets her electricity back soon, it's no fun reading in the dark.

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments You got a good bit of reading done, Amy! Looks like they were mostly enjoyable.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Great month, and even better that the worst of the storm passed you by. I'm starting Blackout today.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Dawn, it's good.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Ahhh....I started it, and then realized it was awfully familiar. Looked at my list....yep read it in Feb! I did like it.....
inserting a head slap here.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments LOL, I've done that too.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Dawn: I bet most of us have done that too. It seems that some of those tempting books may be simply grabbing us over again and then the familiar feeling turns to oops, already read it.

Dawn wrote: "Ahhh....I started it, and then realized it was awfully familiar. Looked at my list....yep read it in Feb! I did like it.....
inserting a head slap here."

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Good month! Glad the hurricane missed you.

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Thanks Melodie, me too. :)

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Its one of the main reasons I keep a spreadsheet. I love to read, and even when I thoroughly enjoy a book...my retention isn't that great. My list has come in handy in the past several times.