The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
This topic is about The Sign of Four
The Sign of Four, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments The Sign of Four
The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes, #2) by Arthur Conan Doyle

GR synopsis:
A dense yellow miasma swirls in the streets of London as Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson accompany a beautiful young woman to a sinister assignation.

For Mary Marston has received several large pearls – one a year for the last six years – and now a mystery letter telling her she is a wronged woman. If she would seek justice she is to meet her unknown benefactor, bringing with her two companions.

But unbeknownst to them all, others stalk London’s fog-enshrouded streets: a one-legged ruffian with revenge on his mind – and his companion, who places no value on human life.

I will be starting this hopefully tonight, after finishing A Study in Scarlet. I am reading it for my 2016 PopSugar Challenge, a book under 150 pages.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments Starting this now.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments I finished this early today and really enjoyed it. I loved the way the story unfolded and how I could not predict how it was going to turn out. Plus, Watson's personal side story made me happy - it was totally sappy and cute :)

I like this more than A Study in Scarlet, but both are good. I'm very willing to read more Sherlock.

4/5