Drop Everything And Read discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
Buddy Reads > City of Glass - Emma and Jenny

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of the New York Times bestselling series The Mortal Instruments.

Buddy read by Jenny and Emma

Jenny (diggensjenny) I have read Chapter One! I am interested to see what happens with all the characters.

What do you think about the books so far Emma?

Emma (emmaisareader07) | 65 comments I am up to part 2 chapter 10 and I don't want to spoil too much but Clary is starting to REALLY annoy me, hopefully she changes throughout the rest of the novel. However, the story is really good so far!

Jenny (diggensjenny) I am just starting part two - on page 530. I agree with you Emma Clary is very annoying! What do you think about Simon and Luke?

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hi Emma

Have you finish the book yet! I am reading part three!

I am enjoy the story. However some of the characters are hard to handle.

message 6: by George (new)

George | 2 comments Hallie wrote: "To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking th..."

message 7: by George (new)

George | 2 comments Jenny wrote: "I have read Chapter One! I am interested to see what happens with all the characters.

What do you think about the books so far Emma?"
when did you started reading it

Jenny (diggensjenny) Emma, I have finished the book. Would enjoy a discussion with you on your thoughts about the characters and the story?

Really enjoy it and looking forward to read book four "City of Fallen Angels".

Emma (emmaisareader07) | 65 comments I am up to part three! I'm so happy that Jace and Clary aren't brother and sister. I guessed for a bit that Sebastian would be her brother. The story is so good and not even dragging in certain parts either which is amazing.

Clary is developing so I'm happy she isn't still annoying, I was so happy when she stood up and spoke about what she can do with the runes and how she wants to mark everyone. Definitely some character improvement and I was so proud of her.

Jace is still reckless and I don't know how I feel about him going after Valentine.

I'm so happy that Jocelyn is back and we got the back story to what is what like living with Valentine and what he did to Jonathan and the Waylands.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

can someone tell me whats the best part in the book ..please??

message 11: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma (emmaisareader07) | 65 comments Robyn wrote: "can someone tell me whats the best part in the book ..please??"

When Jocelyn reveals that Jace and Clary are not brother and sister and CAN FINALLY BE TOGETHER WITHOUT CRINGING AWAY WHEN THEY KISS BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT IT IS INCEST but you know whatever.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Emma wrote: "Robyn wrote: "can someone tell me whats the best part in the book ..please??"

When Jocelyn reveals that Jace and Clary are not brother and sister and CAN FINALLY BE TOGETHER WITHOUT CRINGING AWAY ..."

it sounds soooo interesting ..:D thanks

Jenny (diggensjenny) Robyn wrote: "Emma wrote: "Robyn wrote: "can someone tell me whats the best part in the book ..please??"

When Jocelyn reveals that Jace and Clary are not brother and sister and CAN FINALLY BE TOGETHER WITHOUT C..."

I agree with Emma - allowing Jace and Clary to fall in love was the best part.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm definitely going to read it ;)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Emma wrote: "I am up to part three! I'm so happy that Jace and Clary aren't brother and sister. I guessed for a bit that Sebastian would be her brother. The story is so good and not even dragging in certain par..."

Please, Emma, do not be upset with the delays in replying to you. I leave in Australia.
At the start, I thought that I would not enjoy it and it would be slow. I was so wrong after the first page I forgot about sleep when the bed was calling me, I had already read half of the book. I enjoy the way Cassandra Clare entwine Shadowhunters and Downworlder through friendship and the way they support each other. I thought that Jason would be Clary brother, not Sebastian.

I believe that Jace wants to prove that he is not like Valentine. However, I think he should take someone else with him for backup for example Jason. I really like Jason character and the way he protects his friends from himself.

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma (emmaisareader07) | 65 comments I just finished it and I loved it! I'm so happy with how it ended and I can't wait to read the next novel

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hi Emma

I agree! Would you like to buddy read with me book 4? Jenny

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma (emmaisareader07) | 65 comments Jenny wrote: "Hi Emma

I agree! Would you like to buddy read with me book 4? Jenny"

Yeah sure I was just thinking that, however I can't read it now because I have to read To Kill A Mockingbird for school, but definitely after I finish it!

Jenny (diggensjenny) Let me know when you ready! I really enjoyed reading Kill A Mockingbird!