Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
This topic is about The Bronze Horseman
2016- Buddy Reads/Challenges > The Bronze Horseman October Buddy Read!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Per the request of the group, here is the thread for the October buddy read of The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. You all can make whatever threads you like though, I don't have to be the thread maker LOL!

You can do spoiler talk here. Just < spoiler> without the spaces < /spoiler>

Leslie | 2430 comments Thanks Grey!! I'm looking forward to reading this. :)

What I usually do for the BRs (for the new Goodreads BR virgins. Hee hee) is say what percentage I'm at in the book, then spoiler tag my comment. That way if you are not up to that point in book, you won't see my comment . For example:

"@ 10% (view spoiler)"

message 3: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Yeah....I don't care for this "spoiler comment stuff....cause I always get confused with the ^%$#^*() or whatever...

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments Grey, I have already read The Bronze Horseman. It's really very good. Not the sort of book I would read twice. Very historical and a beautiful romance. Leaves you wanting more.

message 5: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Amy, bev, Jean, Leslie, Ela who else is reading this one??

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa | 15 comments Ive already read this book and the two follow ups. Enjoy!! Its an epic.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa wrote: "Ive already read this book and the two follow ups. Enjoy!! Its an epic."

Im in pb so I will use what chapter im on for spoilers. I am worried about how proficient I will be with the spoiler tag. Amy you may need to cover your eyes.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

See I still accidentally reply instead of post. Lol.

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Sorry, I don't have this one and it is a bit pricey in the UK - so I will sit this one out

Leslie | 2430 comments I actually got this for free back when I first got my nook.

I'm about halfway through chapter 1 (5%) -(view spoiler)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Leslie wrote: "I actually got this for free back when I first got my nook.

I'm about halfway through chapter 1 (5%) -[spoilers removed]"

Leslie, that is around where I left off. My reading will be slow tonight. I felt the same way.

message 12: by Leslie (last edited Oct 16, 2016 06:00PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, I use copy and paste for the spoiler tag so I don't mess up the formattin

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I will have to try that Leslie. Not that far yet. I cant read it on morning commute because its too dark to see it and trying to finish an overdue library book on return trip.
It feels like it is building up to be intense with the build up to war and then within the family too.

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 11% (not far into chapter 2) - I haven't read ANY spoilers for this series so I have no idea what to expect besides the horror of Leningrad (view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, what's with the paper reading??? I cannot read paper anymore...kills my eyes and gives me carpal tunnel holding a big thick book. Only ebooks & audiobooks for me!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Leslie wrote: "Bev, what's with the paper reading??? I cannot read paper anymore...kills my eyes and gives me carpal tunnel holding a big thick book. Only ebooks & audiobooks for me!!"

Im going to try a spoiler tag. Just practice.
(view spoiler)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I did it! Leslie, thats right around where I left off. One part I was expecting because ive previously read it when I was going to try and read it before. But it still made me anxious waiting.
(view spoiler)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. Bought it at an used bookstore. A lot cheaper than ebook.

message 19: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Why hello....

Leslie | 2430 comments Hey Ela!! Fancy meeting you here. ;)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Now there are 3.

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, isnt it awesome when you get the knack of using spoiler tags??

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I will have to try the fancy writing ones sometime.
12% (view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, (view spoiler)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh and Ela is two timing.

message 27: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4279 comments *gasp* why I never!

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 18, 2016 09:17PM) (new)

19% (view spoiler)
Ouch.

Leslie | 2430 comments I fell asleep last night and am only at 16%....my finger is twitching to hit that spoiler tag. Hee hee

Leslie | 2430 comments bev wrote: "Oh and Ela is two timing."

Is Ela a book slut? *snort*

message 31: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Why yes, yes I am ....I am a TOTAL BOOK WHORE....I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE THREESOMES!

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 19% - (view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 25% - (view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 28% - (view spoiler)

message 35: by Jean (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jean | 1657 comments Leslie wrote: "I actually got this for free back when I first got my nook.

I'm about halfway through chapter 1 (5%) -[spoilers removed]"

Yep Leslie, I felt the same way.......just getting started here but have lots of reading time today!

message 36: by Jean (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jean | 1657 comments You guys are too far ahead of me......will try to catch up today!

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, at 32% we finally get the back story of Alexander & Dimitri.

Leslie | 2430 comments Yooooooo Hooooooo!! Anyone here?

*crickets*

*more crickets*

Guess I'm all alone in the Russia blankie fort.

*sniff,sniff*

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

At work. I mean I could try to build a fort, tell everyone im going to Russia, and thrn go inside.......then I would probably not be at work anymore.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

@28%

(view spoiler)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Leslie, im so freaking mad. Not only at the fight but at the after. WTH??? Shes out in the hallway and the roof again, just ugh. Ugh. I wish the guys had just left. .....coming back in and then that makes it worse.

message 42: by Leslie (last edited Oct 21, 2016 03:15AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, it gets worse...not sure how far you are now, but you will be even more mad soon. I actually am hating pretty much every character except Tania.

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 50% - The misery in this book is killing me! How is everyone else doing?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Leslie, you have totally outpaced me. On my commute in so will not be able to pick it back up until my commute back. I agree that the only character I like so far is Tania. I am surprised cause when it started I thought I'd like her family more. Well I like the grandparents.
(view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, (view spoiler)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, check in with me after you have read tonight and let me know what part you up to. I need to complain, I mean, discuss. ;)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. I will.

message 49: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4279 comments I started but not yet too depressed...

Leslie | 2430 comments I finished!! I read like a madwoman yesterday and only had one chapter left that I finished this a.m. I couldn't take it anymore and had to get through it. I am really disappointed. Sooooo many people loved this and I've been wanting to read this for years....honestly, it was horribly boring. I might (and that is a very big MIGHT) have enjoyed it IF it were several hundred pages shorter. But then again, the whole "forbidden" aspect (which rules entire story) was just stupid to me.

Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

This really seems to be one that you either really love or really hate.

« previous 1 3

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread