Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > Go-To Crime Blogs for Reviews

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are the US and Canadian crime blogs that you go to when looking for book reviews? I know of some in the UK, but I'm interested in blogs on this side of the Atlantic as well.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 264 comments Poison Pen blog is excellent

message 3: by Jezzy (new)

Jezzy | 3950 comments i check crimebythebook.com & she's also here on GR too.

message 4: by Jinzhu (new)

Jinzhu | 3 comments Rachel wrote: "What are the US and Canadian crime blogs that you go to when looking for book reviews? I know of some in the UK, but I'm interested in blogs on this side of the Atlantic as well."

Do you know of any blogs that review UK authors? I'm very interested in british crime novels and I don't know where to start, except of course Agatha Christie. Thank you in advance!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jinzhu wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What are the US and Canadian crime blogs that you go to when looking for book reviews? I know of some in the UK, but I'm interested in blogs on this side of the Atlantic as well."

D..."

I'd be glad to provide a few recommendations myself. Do you like Christie's style in particular?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Jezzy wrote: "i check crimebythebook.com & she's also here on GR too."

Thank you for the recommendation! I see that she reviews crime novels in translation, which is great because my new press is publishing fiction by female authors from the German-speaking countries in translation.

message 7: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Two of my favorite blogs are:

Mystery Fanfare
http://mysteryreadersinc.blogspot.com/

The Rap Sheet
http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/

message 8: by Jinzhu (new)

Jinzhu | 3 comments Rachel wrote: "Jinzhu wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What are the US and Canadian crime blogs that you go to when looking for book reviews? I know of some in the UK, but I'm interested in blogs on this side of the Atlant..."

ooo thank you! i dont have any particular writing style. it will be my first foray into british crime so i'm open to anything =D thank you!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jinzhu wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Jinzhu wrote: "Rachel wrote: "What are the US and Canadian crime blogs that you go to when looking for book reviews? I know of some in the UK, but I'm interested in blogs on this sid..."

Well, the big news last year was, of course, THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN. I have also heard good things about HIS BLOODY PROJECT, which was just short listed for the Booker Prize. If you like historical novels, I also really really like the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear. Now, are you also open to non-English books in English translation?

message 10: by Jezzy (new)

Jezzy | 3950 comments no problem. glad i could help. i still have to catch up & read more of her recent reviews, hehe!