Authors & Reviewers discussion

The Illustrious (The Sublime Electricity, #1)
This topic is about The Illustrious
The Illustrious

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon Vale | 15 comments Hello! My name is Simon and I want to show you this upcoming Steampunk/Fantasy novel:

The Illustrious by Pavel Kornev

In this world, science took the place of magic. Meanwhile, the transition from the era of steam to the epoch of Sublime Electricity is already underway. But magic hasn't simply disappeared without a trace. It still exists, concealed in the blood of the illustrious.

Detective constable Leopold Orso of the metropolitan police counts himself among their number. He was bestowed a talent that allows him to bring others' fears to life.

Leopold didn't go looking for trouble. All he really wanted was to gain access to his rightful inheritance. But, his peaceful life came to an end when a box from his grandmother's estate caught the interest of a mysterious cabal of conspirators, police and bloodthirsty malefics.

His new enemies have an arsenal of six-barreled machine guns, backpack flamethrowers and hordes of hellspawn. He may escape with his life, but it won't be easy!

It’s the first Russian-English translation for this author and I was wondering, if anyone would be interested in reading it? You can think of it, as a way to see Steampunk genre through different cultural optics. Though all the classic elements are in here too: combat steamships furrow the waters, armored trains await their hour, and army dirigibles float through the heavens.

Here is the book on Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/story/8092594...

I'd love to hear any comments from actual readers!

There is also a Youtube teaser for the book. It's not much, but I really love the music and the old-fashioned way it tells the story.

Thank you!

Simon Vale | 15 comments Sublime Electricity, Book #1: The Illustrious by Pavel Kornev is released!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1WY2U6

Simon Vale | 15 comments Hey, guys!

Brand new Steampunk/Noire novel The Illustrious by Pavel Kornev is on sudden discount - 0,99$ for 24 hours!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1WY2U6

description

You can watch uncut gif-trailer for this amazing book in our blog.

The Illustrious

In this world, science took the place of magic. Meanwhile, the transition from the era of steam to the epoch of Sublime Electricity is already underway. But magic hasn’t simply disappeared without a trace. It still exists, concealed in the blood of the illustrious. Detective constable Leopold Orso of the metropolitan police counts himself among their number. He was bestowed atalent that allows him to bring others’ fears to life.

Leopold didn’t go looking for trouble. All he really wanted was to gain access to his rightful inheritance. But, his peaceful life came to an end when a box from his grandmother’s estate caught the interest of a mysterious cabal of conspirators, police and bloodthirsty malefics.

His new enemies have an arsenal of six-barreled machine guns, backpack flamethrowers and hordes of hellspawn. He may escape with his life, but it won’t be easy!

message 4: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Nixdorf | 3 comments Sorry. I just saw this. I would be interested in reading it. Does the offer still apply? I tried the WattPad link but that may no longer work (doesn't for me).

Simon Vale | 15 comments CC wrote: "Sorry. I just saw this. I would be interested in reading it. Does the offer still apply? I tried the WattPad link but that may no longer work (doesn't for me)."

Wattpad link works perfectly, at least for me. I'm not sure how you managed to pick the right time - but yes! The offer is on again - only 0,99$ for 24h. Enjoy!