Harry Potter Fans discussion

Hufflepuff > Hufflepuff Common Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (new)

Sophie Simpson (sophiecool123) | 1008 comments Mod
This is where you can chat with other members of Hufflepuff and just have fun hanging out with your house!

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Hey Huffelpuffs!

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli Hi!

message 4: by Anja (new)

Anja (crazysecondname) hi!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Anja wrote: "hi!"

Hello!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello fellow badgers, I look forward to winning the House Cup!

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Jayly wrote: "Hello fellow badgers, I look forward to winning the House Cup!"

Agreed!

message 8: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Hello!

message 9: by natalie (new)

natalie | 15 comments Hey guys!

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Natalie wrote: "Hey guys!"

Francesca wrote: "Hello!"

What's up?

message 11: by Francesca (last edited Oct 12, 2016 03:15AM) (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Does anyone else feel like the houses are really unevenly distributed and it kind of leaves the point system as a bit unfair considering the difference in the amount of members in each?

I'm not complaining in the sense that I mind for our house because we're not that far behind Gryffindor on members and I understand that it's just the way the houses have worked out but I do feel bad for Slytherin, they have hardly any members compared to the rest of us. They're probably going to struggle a bit unless every one of their members is able to constantly comment. Ravenclaw outnumber us all.

message 12: by Anja (new)

Anja (crazysecondname) yeah I guess in a way that is true
but I don't see how this could be changed.. unless more people go to slytherin which is totally possible
but I also think that the slytherin people could stil get enough points and all after all they do value ambition so

message 13: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Anja wrote: "yeah I guess in a way that is true
but I don't see how this could be changed.. unless more people go to slytherin which is totally possible
but I also think that the slytherin people could stil get..."

I know. Unfortunately, there's no real solution to this problem here. I guess as a Hufflepuff it's just in my DNA to try and make things fair even if there isn't always a way to do so.

That's also true!

message 14: by Anja (new)

Anja (crazysecondname) oh my god I feel you
I mean the fairest would be to say each house had to have the same amount of members
but obviously that isn't going to work (it is a mircale that is somehow worked in the books tbh^^) so I guess we have to trust that the slytherins are good enough to get enough points even if they are less people.
also who knows maybe in a week it will look completely different

message 15: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Anja wrote: "oh my god I feel you
I mean the fairest would be to say each house had to have the same amount of members
but obviously that isn't going to work (it is a mircale that is somehow worked in the books..."

All very true!

I did always wonder about that in the books, plus because there didn't seem to be that many people in each year of each house yet there were a lot of students there.

message 16: by Anja (new)

Anja (crazysecondname) yeah that is also true. I mean I know we never got to see all of the students because harry just didn't interact with everyone I mean obviously
but you're right if there were like 10 students per year per house (which is what it seems since there were 5 boys and 5 girls in gryffindor when harry started hogwarts) then that would make 280 all in all which is not that much idk

but then 280 people is still a lot if you have them all in one room (depending on the size of the room but still) idk
it's still interesting to see that there are like the same number of students in each house... I wonder if that changed after the war?

message 17: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments That's true! I guess 280 people would look like a lot when they're all sitting in the great hall. It does seem odd that it does have a tendency to be 5 girls and 5 boys in each house in each year. Maybe some years one house has less and one has more or some years they have 3 boys and 7 girls or something. Otherwise it seems a bit too neat. I don't know. I'm probably putting way too much thought into this.

message 18: by Anja (new)

Anja (crazysecondname) yeah I guess this is not the way it always is
and I am also pretty sure that it used to be way more kids because the size of hogwarts doesn't make sense ifit's only 280 people.
so I guess because of the war (and the first one) there just happen to have been not as much kids as they used to and yeah
also the 5 and 5 is probably just a coincedence and it's probably not like that because that wouldn't make sense at all^^

and yeah we're probably putting too much thought into it
but I can't help it. it's been 16 years for me if anythign I am not putting enough thought into this^^

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Francesca wrote: "Does anyone else feel like the houses are really unevenly distributed and it kind of leaves the point system as a bit unfair considering the difference in the amount of members in each?

I'm not c..."

Maybe their ranks will grow.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Anja wrote: "yeah I guess in a way that is true
but I also think that the slytherin people could stil get..."

Very true.

Alia ~you are not your anxiety~ (aliaongoodreads) Yeah, I so hope the ranks will grow. I think there are so many Ravenclaws here because it's Goodreads. :P Also Gryffindor is always going to be popular so it'll leave the rest of us trailing. :(

message 22: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Alia wrote: "Yeah, I so hope the ranks will grow. I think there are so many Ravenclaws here because it's Goodreads. :P Also Gryffindor is always going to be popular so it'll leave the rest of us trailing. :("

I hope so too. I agree that there is probably a strong correlation between how many Ravenclaws there are and the fact that we're on Goodreads! XD

message 23: by Ila (new)

Ila (radiossilence) Hello!

message 24: by Amritha (new)

Amritha | 124 comments Hi!

message 25: by Amritha (new)

Amritha | 124 comments Sup Ila?

message 26: by Amritha (new)

Amritha | 124 comments That sounded WAY to much like Liam B! ;)

message 27: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli How do you like the Hufflepuffs in the books?

There's Cedric, of course, front and center in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, assuring Harry that he told them to stop hassling him about being the false champion, and having to be assured that all the others know about the dragons when Harry lets him in (view spoiler)

And a few others have moments. I like Susan Bones in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

There were relatives of their victims among the Hogwarts students, who now found themselves the unwilling objects of a gruesome sort of reflected fame as they walked the corridors: Susan Bones, whose uncle, aunt, and cousins had all died at the hands of one of the ten, said miserably during Herbology that she now had a good idea what it felt like to be Harry.

"And I don't know how you stand it- it's horrible" she said bluntly.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Ila wrote: "Hello!"

Hiya!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Mary wrote: "How do you like the Hufflepuffs in the books?

There's Cedric, of course, front and center in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, assuring Harry that he told them to stop hassling him abo..."

I enjoyed reading that!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Alia wrote: "Yeah, I so hope the ranks will grow. I think there are so many Ravenclaws here because it's Goodreads. :P Also Gryffindor is always going to be popular so it'll leave the rest of us trailing. :("

You never know, we may end up having a badger army!

message 31: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli Jayly wrote: "Alia wrote: "Yeah, I so hope the ranks will grow. I think there are so many Ravenclaws here because it's Goodreads. :P Also Gryffindor is always going to be popular so it'll leave the rest of us tr..."

Invite people to join the house as well as the group. Double advantage. 0:)

message 32: by Francesca (last edited Oct 14, 2016 01:37AM) (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Mary wrote: "How do you like the Hufflepuffs in the books?

There's Cedric, of course, front and center in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, assuring Harry that he told them to stop hassling him abo..."

I love Cedric and I always really liked Susan Bones and Hannah Abbott (for no obvious reason as they weren't featured that much but they just always seemed nice). I liked the fact that Hannah ended up with Neville, as well, I though that was cute.

I haven't finished Cursed Child yet but so far they've got so many characters wrong (IMO) that I'm not surprised if they messed up another one.

message 33: by Azkamalazka (new)

Azkamalazka | 234 comments Francesca wrote: "Mary wrote: "How do you like the Hufflepuffs in the books?

There's Cedric, of course, front and center in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, assuring Harry that he told them to stop has..."

YESSSS they got a lot of characters wrong. Very wrong.
*cough*RON*cough*

But i shall not say anything else. Until you finish the book, of course! (Then maybe I can rant…)

message 34: by Azkamalazka (new)

Azkamalazka | 234 comments who DID read the cursed child here?

message 35: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli I did. It had bright and shining moments but didn't really work as a whole.

And how many of you thought that Scorpius was Hufflepuff to the bone?

message 36: by Azkamalazka (new)

Azkamalazka | 234 comments YES he was hufflepuff!!!
I don't wanna say he SHOULD'VE been in Hufflepuff, cuz I mean his own dad is draco, so…idk how that'd go :/

message 37: by Azkamalazka (new)

Azkamalazka | 234 comments oh, also
i have a question
WHAT HAPPENED TO MR.WEASLEY
Did he die?? Was he just not mentioned? Where does he work? Why wasn't he at the Ministry?? What happened to him???

I remember they mentioned Mrs. Weasley, but their dad didn't come up ANYWHERE in the book ;'(

message 38: by aarifa (new)

aarifa Aghhhh fellow hufflepuffs. I noticed cursed child talk here. Where is hagrid and that mr Weasley totally agree azka.

message 39: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli Aarifa - Lover of Harry Potter, Books, and Animals- wrote: "Aghhhh fellow hufflepuffs. I noticed cursed child talk here. Where is hagrid"

Hagrid is too hard to put on stage, since it's hard to fake things out on stage than screen, perhaps.

message 40: by aarifa (new)

aarifa Walks by while eating cake.

That was what i was thinking too.... kinda,

message 41: by Pallas Athena (new)

Pallas Athena Promachos (lady_cordelia_fitzgerald) Harry never saw Hufflepuff, and I see NO REASON why Hufflepuffs are not giant partyers!

message 42: by Pallas Athena (new)

Pallas Athena Promachos (lady_cordelia_fitzgerald) Tries to enter. Gets covered in vinigar

message 43: by Pallas Athena (new)

Pallas Athena Promachos (lady_cordelia_fitzgerald) * vinegar

message 44: by Azkamalazka (new)

Azkamalazka | 234 comments *hufflepuffs throw cakes at the doorway*

message 45: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli Well, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay is out, if you want to read a work in which a Hufflepuff is front and center. One of the first things mentioned about him is that in his luggage, visible to Muggles, is a Hufflepuff scarf.

message 46: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Mary wrote: "Well, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay is out, if you want to read a work in which a Hufflepuff is front and center. One of the first things mentione..."

I'm so glad we're finally getting some real representation. Yay for Hufflepuffs!

message 47: by Isadora (new)

Isadora I'm a Slytherin but I'm very happy for Newt being one of you guys. The house deserves some fame too and he is an awesome character. Congratulations you are very well represented ! :)

message 48: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Isadora wrote: "I'm a Slytherin but I'm very happy for Newt being one of you guys. The house deserves some fame too and he is an awesome character. Congratulations you are very well represented ! :)"

Thank you! I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm excited to see the portrayal and see more of what Newt is like. I already thought I'd probably like him as he likes creatures/animals and so do I!

message 49: by Isadora (new)

Isadora It's a very nice movie and Eddie an incredible actor. You will love it !

message 50: by Jo (new)

Jo Robson (jorobson) | 2 comments Yes I agree with Isadora: I'm slytherin too. Newt is my fav Hufflepuff, now I have much more respect for the house than I did.

« previous 1