Harry Potter Fans discussion

Gryffindor > Gryffindor Common Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (new)

Sophie Simpson (sophiecool123) | 1008 comments Mod
This is where you can chat with other members of Gryffindor and just have fun hanging out with your house!

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Hey Griffindors!

message 3: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (new)

Hi!

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Whats Up???

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick  (tacoma0317) | 71 comments Hey my fellow Gryffindors!

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Heyyyy fellow Gryffindors :D

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Heyyy who's dressing up Halloween this year???

message 8: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide | 5 comments Hi guys

message 9: by thelma (new)

thelma (goldfosh) | 92 comments Hullo

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia Hey!!!

message 11: by thelma (new)

thelma (goldfosh) | 92 comments There's that awkward silence I know everyone's been through

message 12: by Waffles - (last edited Oct 10, 2016 10:59AM) (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments Hello everyone. Always a pleasure to meet new people. Someone asked who is dressing up for Halloween......I'm going as a Multi-Fandom. All the fandoms that I love, I am going to wear something from that Fandom. Also I went to the Pottermore website and found out what my wand is:
Cypress Wood, Unicorn Hair, about 10 3/4 and Surprisingly Swishy flexibility

message 13: by kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (last edited Oct 10, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments lol That sounds fun

I'm going to dress up as Hermione this year, and I'm going to be acting like Hermione the WHOLE day on Halloween, that's why my birthdate on my profile, is september 19th, instead of my real birthday, which is August 3rd. Because I'm trying to get into Hermione's character.

message 14: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments That's awesome!!!!! Don't forget to carry a lot of books with you :) :)
And remember it's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!!!!

message 15: by thelma (new)

thelma (goldfosh) | 92 comments COOL

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments I won't!! XD

message 17: by thelma (new)

thelma (goldfosh) | 92 comments LOL!!

message 19: by Patrick (new)

Patrick  (tacoma0317) | 71 comments So guys would you rather A have a tea party with Voldemort or B be Snape's assistant for a whole month?

message 20: by thelma (new)

thelma (goldfosh) | 92 comments A, I can't stand Snape

message 21: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments Patrick wrote: "So guys would you rather A have a tea party with Voldemort or B be Snape's assistant for a whole month?"

I would probably go with B...be Snape's assistant. Even if I never knew what Snape was, and why he was the way he was I kind of liked Snape. He was very smart and I would learn a lot from him. If I had a tea party w/Voldemort I would probably try to poison his tea or something!!!!

message 22: by thelma (new)

thelma (goldfosh) | 92 comments Laine wrote: "Patrick wrote: "So guys would you rather A have a tea party with Voldemort or B be Snape's assistant for a whole month?"

I would probably go with B...be Snape's assistant. Even if I never knew wha..."

That's a good point

message 23: by Patrick (new)

Patrick  (tacoma0317) | 71 comments Ginny~Anything is possible-if you got a nerve wrote: "Laine wrote: "Patrick wrote: "So guys would you rather A have a tea party with Voldemort or B be Snape's assistant for a whole month?"

I would probably go with B...be Snape's assistant. Even if I ..."

That is a very good point at least with Snape you wouldn't have to wonder if he's going to pull out his wand and kill you.

message 24: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (last edited Oct 13, 2016 05:58PM) (new)

Ravenclaw currently has 7240 points so let's keep getting as many points as we can!

message 25: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (golddragon) | 64 comments I am dressing up for Halloween!

message 26: by Julia (new)

Julia Nicole wrote: "I am dressing up for Halloween!"

What are you dressing up as?

message 27: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments What does everyone like to read? What's your fav genre? Your fav author? Let's get some talking and getting to know one another.

message 28: by Julia (new)

Julia Laine wrote: "What does everyone like to read? What's your fav genre? Your fav author? Let's get some talking and getting to know one another."

Well other than Harry Potter my favorite books include Percy Jackson, Throne of Glass, Hunger Games and The Selection.

message 29: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments Julia wrote: "Laine wrote: "What does everyone like to read? What's your fav genre? Your fav author? Let's get some talking and getting to know one another."

Well other than Harry Potter my favorite books inclu..."

I LOVE the Percy Jackson series. I wish the movies were a little better and that they keep making them. I haven't read the Selection yet but it's on my to-read list :)

message 30: by :) (new)

:) Come up to gryffindor room.
Hey, what do you think of scorpius

message 31: by Ayla (new)

Ayla I love Scorpious. He is my fcourite character in HP and the cursed child.

message 32: by Ayla (new)

Ayla I am so glad that I am in this group. None of my friends read Harry Potter(ever).They barely watched the movies.(One of them said that the films are better, and she never even read the book). I am happy that I can share with people how much obsessed with Harry Potter I am.
BTW who is your favourite character?(Mine is Ron)

message 33: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments WeasleyGirl wrote: "I am so glad that I am in this group. None of my friends read Harry Potter(ever).They barely watched the movies.(One of them said that the films are better, and she never even read the book). I am ..."

It's good to have you among us WeasleyGirl. That's why I love Goodreads. You can be whomever you want to be and no one will judge you. Just find your geek/nerd crowd and live happily ever after!!!!

My fav character in Harry Potter? Fred/George. The movies didn't really do them justice. They were all over in the books and I loved them for it.

message 34: by Ayla (new)

Ayla You're right Laine, they didn't do them justice. They are such cool character and there should be more of them. I also feel like they didn't do Ron justice. All of his best lines in books are given to Hermione in movies. I feel like directors shipped Harry. and Hermione sometimes.

message 35: by Julia (new)

Julia Remember to go vote on the house poll.

message 36: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Did we earned the most points last week

message 37: by Julia (new)

Julia Yes! but hufflepuff still hasn't sent me there points.

message 38: by Ayla (new)

Ayla You know what I don't understand, why didn't they give Sirius polyjuice potion in the fifth book. If they took hair from some muggles (and that shouldn't be problem, they are wizards) and he coukd Wal freely. Not everyday, but from time to time. He could meet Harry in Higsmeade if he was under polyjuice potion.Everything would be much easier if he used polyjuice potion.

message 39: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments WeasleyGirl wrote: "You know what I don't understand, why didn't they give Sirius polyjuice potion in the fifth book. If they took hair from some muggles (and that shouldn't be problem, they are wizards) and he coukd ..."

That's a good point. Of course making the Polyjuice Potion is hard to do. Many of the ingredients are hard to get, if I remember Granger talking about it one time.

But that's the other thing, it would have been easier. Stories don't do easier :)

message 40: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (new)

How has everyone been recntly?

message 41: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 80 comments Been busy, but doing good! I work at a Library.

message 42: by Julia (new)

Julia Laine wrote: "Been busy, but doing good! I work at a Library."

Oh thats an awesome job!

message 43: by Julia (new)

Julia I am currently in Morro Bay California for a trip!

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Julia wrote: "Laine wrote: "What does everyone like to read? What's your fav genre? Your fav author? Let's get some talking and getting to know one another."

Well other than Harry Potter my favorite books inclu..."

I LOVE PERCY JACKSON AND THE HUNGER GAMES

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Laine wrote: "Julia wrote: "Laine wrote: "What does everyone like to read? What's your fav genre? Your fav author? Let's get some talking and getting to know one another."

Well other than Harry Potter my favori..."

The Percy Jackson movies were terrible :(

message 46: by Julia (new)

Julia Kavy Jackson Fullbuster~When every star fall brought you to tears again~ wrote: "Laine wrote: "Julia wrote: "Laine wrote: "What does everyone like to read? What's your fav genre? Your fav author? Let's get some talking and getting to know one another."

Well other than Harry Po..."

Yes I agree they were really bad!

message 47: by Lina (new)

Lina (bookwormlina) | 3 comments Hi everyone!

message 48: by Julia (new)

Julia Hi! How is everyones day going?

message 49: by Megha (new)

Megha | 96 comments Mine is great!!

message 50: by Megha (new)

Megha | 96 comments Your's?

« previous 1 3