Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's September 2016 Reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (last edited Oct 07, 2016 08:08PM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments Only 7 for the month, but all were pretty good!

Shades of Blue An Evan Horne Mystery by Bill Moody Shades of Blue: An Evan Horne Mystery by Bill Moody: 6th in Evan Horne series and one I forgot I had! Been sometime since I read one of these, and good to know the series is still still as enjoyable as before. LOTS of changes to Evan's life in this one, and a good story to boot! Grade: 8.5

The Readaholics and the Gothic Gala (Book Club Mystery, #3) by Laura DiSilverio The Readaholics and the Gothic Gala by Laura DiSilverio: 3rd in Readaholics series and as fun as the other 2. I like the setting for these and the characters are all believable. Grade: 8.5

No Pity For the Dead (Mystery of Old San Francisco #2) by Nancy Herriman No Pity For the Dead by Nancy Herriman: 2nd in Mysteries of Old San Francisco series and every bit as good as the first one. I really like Celia, the main character. She's a war nurse, who runs a mostly free clinic for the women and other downtrodden folks in the city. Great characters and both stories have been very good. Grade: 8.5

India Black and the Gentleman Thief (Madame of Espionage, #4) by Carol K. Carr India Black and the Gentleman Thief by Carol K. Carr: 4th and final in the India Black Madame of Espionage series. This one wasn't bad, but I can't say I'm sorry the series is over. Grade: 6.5

Midnight Bites Stories of the Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine Midnight Bites: Stories of the Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine: read this one over a period of time to make the stories last. Morganville Vampires is one of my very favorite series of any genre and most all of the stories were very good! Grade: 9

Fool Me Once (Tarot Mystery, #2) by Steve Hockensmith Fool Me Once by Steve Hockensmith: 2nd in Tarot mystery series and I liked it as much as the first one. These are marketed as cozy, but they don't really fit that mold as some would think of it. Grade: 8

Home (Myron Bolitar, #11) by Harlan Coben Home by Harlan Coben: 11th Myron Bolitar and I really enjoyed this one! So good to have Myron & Win back! The conclusion wasn't quite what I expected and I'll just say the last chapter was a big surprise! Grade: 9.5

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14288 comments Good month Melodie! I am looking forward to catching up with Myron Bolitar again. Good to hear you liked it!

message 3: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1189 comments Excellent month, only one book that was subpar.

I need to read further in the Evan Horne series since I did enjoy the first book Solo Hand.

I am a bit behind with Myron and Win. I had such a bad reaction to his standalones that I had to take a break but I am glad to see that the series is still good.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments Sandi wrote: "Excellent month, only one book that was subpar.

I need to read further in the Evan Horne series since I did enjoy the first book Solo Hand.

I am a bit behind with Myron and Win. I..."

Yes, you need to get back to the Evan Horne books. I enjoy the mysteries and the insight into jazz is just gravy!

I don't read Harlan's standalones anymore. Can't remember the last one I read, but still love Myron & Win and this one didn't disappoint me.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Good Month Melodie, I have Home to read, but I have another book to read first.

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments Ditto for me on Win and Myron, gotta get caught up.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments Great month Melodie. I just finished Home, and agree with you 100%