Reads With Friends discussion

The Nightingale > Ch. 1-7

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments So glad you put the threads up. I started reading this last night. Love the short chapters. Really like how it starts off In like present time and then goes back in time. I'm on chapter 4 now. Will read on and come back with my thoughts.

message 3: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments It's keeping my interest just little things like French from time to time which can be distracting or annoying when reading! Airplane spelt a British way yup I looked it up because it was annoying me. Mamam. These names always drive me crazy!

But if I move that all aside I really like the story. So sad that the father keeps sending them off. Glad isabell finally found her sister.

I'm still not sure who is speaking in chapter 1? Is it the older sister or younger sister? Anyone figure that out?

There is also one part when Isabelle is walking and they are getting attached by airplanes above but then all of a sudden we are in a church? The ceiling collapsed? What I was so confused. I was reading at the car dealer so I might have been distracted during that part but I read it twice and still was confused.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I have a feeling the speaker in chapter 1 will be a surprise at the end of the story. I'm REALLY enjoying this. I must be on a WWII kick since the last book I read was also set in same time period. I like the way the story is written. It's not like Hannah's other books which are typically contemporary romance. I think I like the character of Isabelle the most. But we will see further down the story.

message 5: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments I have never read any of her other books yet I do own quite a collection of her books. lol

Isabelle is a rebel.