What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Once in a Blue Moon (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
This topic is about Once in a Blue Moon
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Graphic Novel about a girl who travels into a world she read about. Spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LJF (new)

LJF | 118 comments When she was younger, her parents used to read her a book about a magical world- but one day her father went on a trip, and a few weeks later, the storybook disappeared and her mother told her that her father wasn't coming back.
no shes in high school, and she finds this weird shop (I think it was shaped like a witch's hat) and when she goes inside, she finds a copy of the book her parents used to read to her. She buys it, and (i don't remember how) is teleported into the world of the book. This world is being terrorized by something (a dragon, maybe?) and she might be the only one who can save them.
She hears stories about a prince and a heroine (her parents, although she doesn't know it) who once saved them from tragedy, then disappeared. Supposedly, the prince returned several years ago to save them from the danger, and once killed. (Really, her father was captured by the dangerous thing that is terrorizing them).
She finds the weird shop again, and discovers that it can travel between worlds and traveled to our world specifically to deliver the book to her.
Meanwhile, her mother finds out the she accidentally went to the magical world, and goes there to rescue her. (i think that is where the first book ends)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
LJF, what year did you read this graphic novel?

Does the girl have special powers?

message 3: by LJF (new)

LJF | 118 comments i think i read it 2-5 years ago- it was a library book.
I don't remember if she had powers.

message 4: by LJF (new)

LJF | 118 comments Bump

message 5: by Kris (new)

Avalon Chronicles Volume 1: Once in a Blue Moon by Nunzio DeFilippis?

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com "graphic novel" "her father" disappeared "magical book"

message 6: by Miss Mara (new)

Miss Mara | 156 comments Sounds kinda like Inkheart but that's a bit of a stretch

message 7: by Kris (new)

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - Rebecca's suggestion

message 8: by LJF (new)

LJF | 118 comments Kris wrote: "Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - Rebecca's suggestion"

Rebecca wrote: "Sounds kinda like Inkheart but that's a bit of a stretch"
Inkheart is a great book (I've read it a few times) but it isn't the book I'm looking for.

message 9: by LJF (new)

LJF | 118 comments Kris wrote: "Avalon Chronicles Volume 1: Once in a Blue Moon by Nunzio DeFilippis?

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com "graphic novel" "her father" disappeared "magical book""

I think that might be it! I'll check it out! Thanks so much!

message 10: by Kris (new)

Great! Please come back and let us know if that's your book.

message 11: by LJF (new)

LJF | 118 comments that was it! Thanks!

message 12: by Kris (new)

Thanks for the update, LJF.