World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments How old is too old for writing?

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Never!

message 3: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Tara wrote: "Never!"

I wish.

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments As long as you can pick up a pen and have something to say.

message 5: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Tara wrote: "As long as you can pick up a pen and have something to say."

As long as what you say is not mediated through a demented mind.

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Mehreen wrote: "Tara wrote: "As long as you can pick up a pen and have something to say."

As long as what you say is not mediated through a demented mind."

Lol I'd still be interested in that. Besides, if young people can write with demented minds so can our wonderful older folks.

message 7: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Tara wrote: "Mehreen wrote: "Tara wrote: "As long as you can pick up a pen and have something to say."

As long as what you say is not mediated through a demented mind."

Lol I'd still be interested in that. Be..."

Yeah haha. I say Tara, do you ever sleep?

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Lol! I'm actually on my way to bed now - was finishing a blog article. I don't require a lot of sleep however. This is true. In that case, I bid you goodnight, good soul :)

message 9: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Goodnight to you too and sweetdreams.

message 10: by GR (new)

GR Oliver | 479 comments How old is too old for writing?

In February I'll be 80. The age I'll stop writing is when I die; that is if I still can pound away at the keys. Good morning to you all. Have a good night. I hope to have a good day. Tchuess...

message 11: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments GR wrote: "How old is too old for writing?

In February I'll be 80. The age I'll stop writing is when I die; that is if I still can pound away at the keys. Good morning to you all. Have a good night. I hope ..."

That is absolutely marvellous. Conditions remaining constant I intend to do the same.

message 12: by GR (new)

GR Oliver | 479 comments Bravo! I hope so too. Life at this point is short, and there's so much to say and little time to say it. So day and night I pound away hoping I'll get another book done. I started late in my life, at 54. Knowing nothing about how to write. I read everything and anything about the craft. I'm still learning. It has become an addiction. My wife says, it's become my soulmate and playmate.

message 13: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin I am 61, obese and have high blood pressure, arthritis and have to watch my blood sugar. I however intend to continue writing as long as I can. My biggest fear is to see my arthritis worsen to the point when I will not be able to type on my computer keyboard anymore. Hopefully, that won't happen for many more years.

message 14: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Oh dear God. Please let's not talk about death and disease. It is upsetting.

message 15: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13123 comments Some claim that younger generations don't read that much, so this whole 'writing thing' may become for 'oldies' only -:)

message 16: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Nik wrote: "Some claim that younger generations don't read that much, so this whole 'writing thing' may become for 'oldies' only -:)"

Obsolete!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thyssen (rachelthijssen) | 18 comments Is there an age when you're too young to write? I wrote my first book at 14, lol. (MG 65K)

message 18: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13123 comments One could dictate even b4 learning writing-:)

message 19: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 0 comments Michel wrote: "I am 61, obese and have high blood pressure, arthritis and have to watch my blood sugar. I however intend to continue writing as long as I can. My biggest fear is to see my arthritis worsen to the ..."

There is always dictation software, Michel - you could still be writing without using a keyboard

message 20: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin Thanks, Zee, but somehow it won't be the same as a keyboard. Thus, I intend to write as much as my free time leaves me, producing two or three books per year for as long as I can.

message 21: by GR (new)

GR Oliver | 479 comments I foresee reading as we know today will come to an end by the middle of this century. Most people will not know how to spell, and smart voice devices will take over. I have a book coming out soon, maybe the beginning of the year that portrays this coming syndrome. It's not a Sc-Fi, but a futuristic story about how dysfunction leads to drastic changes in social order. I'll let everybody know when it's out.

message 22: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13123 comments GR wrote: "Most people will not know how to spell, and smart voice devices will take over. I have a book coming out soon..."

A relevant concept, IMO

message 23: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 0 comments Michel wrote: "Thanks, Zee, but somehow it won't be the same as a keyboard. Thus, I intend to write as much as my free time leaves me, producing two or three books per year for as long as I can."

I know! That's also why I haven't fallen for dictation yet even though everyone says you get tons of word count added with it

message 24: by Mehreen (last edited Oct 10, 2016 04:53PM) (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments What would writing be replaced with, should it become obsolete or a thing of the past one day?