Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Six Scary Stories
This topic is about Six Scary Stories
Nov-Dec 2016 Six Scary Stories > Wild Swimming (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (last edited Oct 07, 2016 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Put your comments about this story by Elodie Harper here.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 466 comments I was going to read one story a night leading up to Halloween, but time ran out onthat plan. So tonight i thought I would read a couple or three before bed. Wild Swimming changed that by being so creepy just like a good ghost story should be. One will do it for tonight.
The idea of swimming with dark water below has never appealed to me, and even less so now. I am curious to know if others think the landlady committed suicide or if there was something more sinister about Christine's unattended bath tub filling with water. Shudder.

Debbie I think whatever came out of the water got her and Christine. Very creepy- I'm not fond of dark water and isolated spots.

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 466 comments Debbie: I am not fond of dark water either. Lake swimming or creeks dammed for a swimming hole are idyllic and wonderful outdoor places but keep me on the dry land. The landlady should have been more specific with her warnings. She obviously knew something.
This one brought back memories of summer camp and dark water that sometimes included something brushing past me. Phew! Creepy.

message 5: by Larissa (last edited Dec 28, 2016 08:58AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Larissa | 270 comments Ick---hate the thought of wild swimming. I can't stand the feeling of plants or fish (or????) touching me when I swim. Even scarier, the inky depths of a deep lake or the ocean. Gimme a shallow creek or swimming pool instead!

Nice story with a bit of shiver. If this was his winner though, I wonder if I will be disappointed in the rest.

Larissa | 270 comments Ann wrote: Re: suicide and bath tub filling

YEP, THE LAKE ZOMBIES GOT HER!

message 7: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 466 comments Larissa: It's the (or????) that is really creepy.
I think you'll enjoy the rest of the stories too.

message 8: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 466 comments Larissa: Agreed, it seemed very unlikely she committed suicide. Even though the landlady seemed to know going in the water would unleash something awful.
Larissa wrote: "Ann wrote: Re: suicide and bath tub filling
YEP, THE LAKE ZOMBIES GOT HER! "