Wanda's amazing Amazon reviewers discussion

Grea Alexander
This topic is about Grea Alexander
Reviewers Wanted: Grea Alexander, Historical Fiction &/or Supernatural Horror

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grea (new)

Grea Alexander (greaalexander) Yay you! You’ve already passed the first criteria in becoming a Grea Alexander reviewer! (Clicking into this post.)

While I am slowly but surely gaining notoriety, er, popularity, on GoodReads & Twitter, that notoriety is unfortunately not spreading across my vendor sites (where they actually do me the most good). The more reviews I get, the better my ranking, the better my visibility & the better my sales. The better my sales, the more time I can devote to writing and thus spreading the joy of my Grea-ness throughout the world….kind of like a Grea-gue.

That being said, I am looking for some reviewers to read my books and spread their reviews about like confetti. (Oh, Joy!)

I am requesting reviews be posted on these sites and/or any other sites you can think of/frequent:

Amazon (which ever applies to your country) http://www.amazon.com/Grea-Alexander/...
Barnes & Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/grea-...
Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

You can also post on any of these retailer sites that carry my books: http://seamonkeyink.com/smi_indexes_2... and/or
Library Thing https://www.librarything.com/author/a...
Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

You are not expected to be a copy editor or a beta reader. (I already have people chained up in my basement for that specific purpose.) You simply download a free copy via Smashwords to read and review with both stars AND words.

I know. I know. It’s scary using your words; but rest assured, your words don’t have to be Shakespearean or in the format of an SAT/ACT essay. Just a few sentences minimum with your honest review will suffice. However, if you are bard-esque or scored at least a 3 on your SAT essay, please feel free to pontificate.

Your smashwords code will be individualized so yes, I will know when you redeem it. You will have 1 week from the time I send the code to “buy” the book for $0.00. You may NOT share the code I give you nor post in whole or in part any of the content of any of my books without my express written permission. If you violate these terms you will be promptly ejected from this program, thoroughly shunned and subsequently smote by forces beyond both of our control.

If you like me and I like you, we will continue with future titles. If we don’t like each other, there is no reason for you to continue on with me or me with you.

I will not now nor have I ever paid anyone to review any of my books. You get a free copy and the satisfaction of a job well done. In the future, should I achieve some level of success, rest assured that those who knew me back when will not be forgotten (but rather blackmailed to keep quiet about all they know).

I am a very happy, silly, sarcastic person; however, my books tend to be more on the darker, angsty side…. with elements of black humor. I write historical fiction and horror. My historical fiction contains various levels of historical accuracy – from ridiculously accurate (Amarna) to simply set in historical times with nods to historical events/customs. My horror is dark, gory and campy with a tendency towards the supernatural. I am a very to the point writer focused more on events and character development than the color of the fabric on the killer’s favorite easy chair. Most everything and every character in my stories has a purpose.

I write novellas and series primarily so, if you are not someone who enjoys short stores or series, run away screaming now. I don’t write children’s books. My books are adult in nature and contain very adult content including foul language, sexual situations, blood, torture & gore. If you are faint of heart, I am probably not the writer for you either.

On the bright side, you do not have to read everything I write but you do not get to request what you want to read either. I will put up a title for review and if you want to read and review that title just let me know.

If you review a book that is part of a series or you just want to read another of my titles, just let me know and I’ll hook you up with a discount or, dependent upon your efforts, a free download copy. Same rules as above apply.

Other than that, me and the Backstreet Boys don’t care who you are, where you’re from or what you did…..as long as you love me.

Here is my lovely goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/GreaAlexander
Here is my website: http://www.SeaMonkeyInk.com
Peruse away to see if we might just be a match made in cardboard.

Still interested? Send your resume to Reviewers@SeaMonkeyInk.com or you could just say, “Hey! I’m interested in reviewing (insert genre here)” and include a link to previous reviews you’ve written. If you haven’t previously completed any written reviews, simply amuse the hell out of me.

Grea.

message 2: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Hartzenberg (wandapanda) | 52 comments Mod
Hi, you are a riot. A very darkly, disturbing riot. Right now, I am not taking in more books for review but I will refer the other reviewers to your ...ahm introduction with idle threats and all.

I really hope you have a great time and get some of those very fanciful reviews. I am not American so I did not get a 3 on my SAT. I did not sit my SAT cause we don't have an SAT.

Still it is fun to read your rules and regs. I really do hope you get a reviewer or two at the very least.

Have fun or behave, what ever tickles your fancy.

Wanda

message 3: by Grea (new)

Grea Alexander (greaalexander) Wanda wrote: "Hi, you are a riot. A very darkly, disturbing riot. Right now, I am not taking in more books for review but I will refer the other reviewers to your ...ahm introduction with idle threats and all.
..."

Dearest Wanda,

It saddens me greatly that you are not in any position to become a daughter of a SeaMonkey. I do so hope that your busy schedule will not prevent you from joining my cult, er, following my work.

Your efforts on my behalf (referring reviewers to me) is greatly appreciated and will be taken into account during the Great Reckoning, er, as contributory to my success at world domination. No, uh, literary infiltration?

In greatest appreciation, I have taken the liberty of arranging for an SAT proctor to visit you at home and administer the SAT exam. While it would be most reasonable just to administer the written portion, I have decided instead to treat you to the experience in it's entirety - all 3 hours and 50 minutes of it.

No, no need to thank me. It's the least I can do for you.

Cheers.

Grea.

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2 comments I thoroughly enjoyed your request for reviewers. I'm getting back into the swing of things after taking a few months of for sanity and pleasure reading.

I do actually have a blog with a page offering links to every review I've ever written.

I do enjoy reading paranormal stories and have been known to read a few of the horror variety.

I'll give you the address for my blog if you care to see my work before subjecting yourself to my brand of honesty. If so, when you get there click on the tab for Past Reviews. Everything is alpha sorted by the author's last name. Book titles link to my reviews and the authors' names are linked to their Amazon page - if I gave them at least three stars.

If you decide to take a chance on me, my email for all things book review is JoyceL.Wetherbee@gmail.com
I am a bit behind on some reviews, but am catching up. I did see your one week deadline and can/will work with that.

Joyce

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2 comments It would help if I gave you my blog address.
www.Bookreviewsbyjoyce@blogspot.com

message 6: by Grea (new)

Grea Alexander (greaalexander) Joyce wrote: "It would help if I gave you my blog address.
www.Bookreviewsbyjoyce@blogspot.com"

No worries. This information is already in your file....on the internet where I searched your name....

message 7: by Grea (new)

Grea Alexander (greaalexander) Joyce wrote: "I thoroughly enjoyed your request for reviewers. I'm getting back into the swing of things after taking a few months of for sanity and pleasure reading.

I do actually have a blog with a page offe..."

Sanity and pleasure reading. I like this euphemism. It goes over so much better than "institutionalization" at dinner parties.

That being said, I would be glad to have you on my team....of subordinates...who are in no way equal to me.

Please feel free to take a break from basket weaving to pop on by my little Goodreads Group: Sons & Daughters of a Seamonkey https://www.goodreads.com/group/invit...

While we don't weave baskets at your current skill level.... or apparently interact very much with each other, we do have books up for review - some even fitting into the paranormal genre of which you spoke.

As to you honesty...

I'm all for honesty....as long as you agree with me. (wink) And there is only a 1 week deadline to redeem the code on Smashwords. Once you do, my work is linked to you FOREVER Joyce and there is no undo on forever.

I understand that people have other things to do that are slightly more important than reading and reviewing my books (such as breathing, eating, taking a whore's bath) and thus have no time limit for completion of the read/review. You will just be summarily shunned (AKA not given a new title to review) until you finish.

I will definitely check out your blogspot....being a believer that the more you know, the more incriminating evidence you can gather.

Almost always enjoying it when people enjoy me.

Grea.

message 8: by Grea (new)

Grea Alexander (greaalexander) Joyce wrote: "It would help if I gave you my blog address.
www.Bookreviewsbyjoyce@blogspot.com"

http://bookreviewsbyjoyce.blogspot.com/ ?