H2O (The Rain, #1)
This topic is about H2O
H20 (The Rain), by Virginia Bergin

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments H2O
H2O (The Rain, #1) by Virginia Bergin

GR synopsis:
It's in the rain...and just one drop will kill you.

They don't believe it at first. Crowded in Zach's kitchen, Ruby and the rest of the partygoers laugh at Zach's parents' frenzied push to get them all inside as it starts to drizzle. But then the radio comes on with the warning, "It's in the rain! It's fatal, it's contagious, and there's no cure."

Two weeks later, Ruby is alone. Anyone who's been touched by rain or washed their hands with tap water is dead. The only drinkable water is quickly running out. Ruby's only chance for survival is a treacherous hike across the country to find her father-if he's even still alive.

I just started reading this yesterday. It's an interesting premise for a YA dystopian novel. I'm feeling a little burned out on the YA-dystopian, so we'll see how this goes.

I am reading this for my 2016 Topic Discard Challenge, a title involving an element.

Emelie  (swedishbookowl) | 1 comments The rain is really good.. The storm (the sequel) on the other hands sucks!

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments Thanks for the heads up. I'm excited to get further into this, but will definitely be cautious of approaching the sequel.

message 4: by Manda (last edited Oct 12, 2016 10:44AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments I loved the premise of this book. Killer rain sounds awesome and unavoidable. However, the think that really killed this book for me, was out leading lady, Ruby. What a moron. This book and Ruby were so pedantic that I just could not take anything serious. She spent more time stressing about her cell phone than her friends dying around her. Really? Really? That's what you're going to worry about in killer rain?

1/5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

H2O (other topics)