Emily March Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What were your favorite quotes? Who said them? Why were they your favorites?

message 2: by Lesley (last edited Oct 07, 2016 05:28AM) (new)

Lesley | 669 comments I thought this quote was lovely, it just felt right.
When talking about Angels Celeste said to Jax " Soak up his truth and you will find your path - walk it & be a raindrop. Moisten the parched heart of someone around you with your love & watch her flower before you. Together you will walk in beauty, light & love".

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 21, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Lesley wrote: "I thought this quote was lovely, it just felt right.
When talking about Angels Celeste said to Jax " Soak up his truth and you will find your path - walk it & be a raindrop. Moisten the parched hea..."

Celeste always has the right thing to say at the right time. Which only goes to show how wise and talented Emily is in bringing this beautiful character to life. We all need a Celeste in our life. I could really, really use a bit of her wisdom right now as I struggle with some important decisions. I will have to try and channel my own truth - or find someone with the insight that can shine a light on my path. How about you? Who do you talk to when you're struggling?

message 4: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "I thought this quote was lovely, it just felt right.
When talking about Angels Celeste said to Jax " Soak up his truth and you will find your path - walk it & be a raindrop. Moisten ..."

It depends what I'm struggling with. I usually like to talk things through with someone but it's finding the right person for the particular situation as I don't like to hurt peoples' feelings. I prefer where possible to talk to someone who is not invoved.

message 5: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Me, I come here, or my Daughter or my Friend Melodie. It use to be Cornelia ,she was fun to talk to. Hugs Lola

message 6: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Paula wrote: "Lesley wrote: "I thought this quote was lovely, it just felt right.
When talking about Angels Celeste said to Jax " Soak up his truth and you will find your path - walk it & be a raindrop. Moisten ..."

Dear Paula and the group,
Yes Emily has found or thought such wonderful quoted for her characters to say. Many times its something that you take with you when you are finished with a book.
Good luck with your important decisions. If you need to bounce ideas or think (out loud- write) them here for unbiased feedback, I for one will listen as well as tell you what I would do.
It depends what I am struggling with as to who I will open up to. A lot of times I go to Mom or my sister Joni. If its a quetion of religion or faith I talk to my eldest brother as he is as close to being a minister without actually being one. When my faith is shaken or I am worried about whether I am on the right path, he has a way of listening and asking questions that help me see where my path is headed and if thats a good thing or should I step back and reexxamine where I am going and what my goal is. Then he prays with me and then always tells me a story of my nephews and has me smiling and laughing by the time we hang up. There is also about 10 or so ladies that I can always talk to. Plus there is this group. Sometimes when I need to get something off my chest I can come here and get awesome advice, support and wisdom with a ton of fun thrown in.
Love yall,
Jina

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

This group is a wonderful source of collective wisdom. I am always inspired by the thoughts that are shared here, and the respect I see among our members.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to give up blogging and most promotions that I do for various book tour groups. There are several reasons for it, but the main one is that I need time to spend on more important things, writing, family, and this group ... among others. I've been blogging for over 3 years and have amassed over 4600 likes on my FB blog, but it's so demanding to keep up with all the requests. I don't have a partner on the page anymore to help manage all the messages and posts. And I spend at least a couple of hours a day, often much, much more. Not counting writing and posting reviews.

I love to review the books I read, but the time investment is also enormous. Most authors are very appreciative, and for that reason I wouldn't give it up completely; but I do need to cut back so I can enjoy it once again.

I have trouble saying no. Authors and bloggers need support in this busy social media world. It can get rough out there! I've always tried to be someone they enjoy working with. But it's taking a toll.

I am considering letting that blog page go to spend more time becoming a published author, while still supporting my favorite authors and publicists on that page. Unfortunately, the post reach is low and I have a fraction of the likes I have on the main blog.

In a world of bigger problems, this is a dumb dilemma. So I'll get it sorted by the end of the year, if not before.

Pardon the long and winding saga...

message 8: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Paula wrote: "This group is a wonderful source of collective wisdom. I am always inspired by the thoughts that are shared here, and the respect I see among our members.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to g..."

Dear Paula,
I had an idea for your blog. My idea is this: Dont quit it completely but do a post to say the for (whatever reason you want to put) that you are going to only post a biweekly, weekly, or monthly post for (x amount of time). Make your posts a good sized post like the one I am replying to you on here. Thank them for their patience, support and understanding during this time that you need to (get family matters, personal business, whatever you want to put). Then say you decide a biweekly blog page, if you find you have time or miss it or you have an announcement to make you could post earlier than they are expecting.
As far as the reviews, I understand its so time consuming I dont know how you do it. I get emails of all your reviews for books and there is a ton. Maybe you could make a quota and say you are going to do (x#) of books a month. When you reach that number you take a week or whatever off of reading so you can write, or pursue other tasks. I am sure your authors love you and would understand that if you are done with your quota and you need to focus on other things you could tell your authors you wouldn't be able to read it until the next week, month, but that youd love to do it (or not). My point being you write fabulous reviews, tbey are detailed enough to spike interest without giving away any big surprises. Your authors appreciate your work or they wouldnt keep calling on you. Theey will be patient too.
I guess overall what I am trying to say is pace yourself. You dont want to completely burn out and not be able to do things for yourself or towards your own personal goals. I know you dont like to turn work away but if you set yourself a cutoff point for each project for each month, I think you would be much happier. You cant please everybody and run yourself ragged without taking time to do the things that you want for yourself.
Love and hugs to you,
Jina and the girls

message 9: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Jina wrote: "Paula wrote: "This group is a wonderful source of collective wisdom. I am always inspired by the thoughts that are shared here, and the respect I see among our members.

I'm trying to decide wheth..."

Well put Jina x

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Jina wrote: "Paula wrote: "This group is a wonderful source of collective wisdom. I am always inspired by the thoughts that are shared here, and the respect I see among our members.

I'm trying to decide wheth..."

That's very thoughtful advice, Jina. It seems manageable, and would require me to use my calendar, which is something I tend to forget to do - I just load myself up with work and sometimes don't realize how over-committed I am.

I will probably start that in November as I'm going to tackle National Novel Writing Month and see if I can finish spilling out the first draft of my book. I'm 30,000 words in - about 1/3 of where I think I'll end up when it's all said and done. Then begins the re-writes, edits, revisions, edits...LOL.

message 11: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Paula wrote: "Jina wrote: "Paula wrote: "This group is a wonderful source of collective wisdom. I am always inspired by the thoughts that are shared here, and the respect I see among our members.

I'm trying to..."

Dear Paula,
I had a thought, maybe for one of your challenges you could get us to read your draft, whether proof reading or just whatever you want us to do.
With Love,
Jina
Ps I would send you a check to start your book sales off. :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jina - you are so sweet!! I will probably ask the group for volunteer beta readers when I get through my first draft. It will be barely proof-read and only a tiny bit edited, but I'd love to get some feedback before I send it off to my editor for her red pen to take over.

You are all so special to me. I've decided to throw my energy into keeping up with the things that mean the most, and that means I'll probably be un-publishing one of my FB pages at the end of this month. I'll also be cutting back on blogging and slowing down on reviews, so I can be a better writer, wife, and group moderator. It's time to admit I can't do it all. LOL.

<3

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (gr-nancy-a) | 37 comments Claire's comment: "Count on Celeste to get her angel on whenever possible."
That is one of my favorites from the book.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Nancy wrote: "Claire's comment: "Count on Celeste to get her angel on whenever possible."
That is one of my favorites from the book."

Mine too, Nancy!

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill | 3 comments Paula wrote: "What were your favorite quotes? Who said them? Why were they your favorites?"

My favorite is "Listen to your angel" Celeste to Jax

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Jill wrote: "Paula wrote: "What were your favorite quotes? Who said them? Why were they your favorites?"

My favorite is "Listen to your angel" Celeste to Jax"

I loved that quote too, Jill. There is a song by former Chicago lead singer Peter Cetera, called "One Clear Voice" - and it's one of my favorites. That song always makes me think of the inner angel voice that comes through when we need it the most. I'm going to add it to our playlist - see what you think!

Paula