Bell Awards for Early Literacy Discussion Group discussion

2017 CLEL Bell Discussion Books: WRITE

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (last edited Oct 16, 2016 09:44AM) (new)

Nancy | 8 comments We are ready to start discussion of nominated books for our 5th practice, WRITE. Please remember that you can still add comments for READ, SING, TALK and for PLAY!

This discussion is for the practice WRITE. These four books have been nominated and we would love to know people's opinions on each and how they exemplify write!

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica | 16 comments Of these, I loved "Maybe Something Beautiful" and "It Came in the Mail" most. I could see them inspiring kids through creativity that leads to writing and art.

While they all exemplify writing, those were the two that I felt would grab the most attention and get children to start using those fine motor skills to create.

message 4: by Luanne (new)

Luanne | 5 comments Maybe Something Beautiful really caught my attention! Learning that is based on a true story made it even better. Not only does it inspire creativity, but it also inspires doing good for a community.
I also like It Came in the Mail. Children do love to get mail. I see letters to grandparents and a pretend post office after reading this story.