Authors-Readers Connect discussion

Talk About Your W.I.P. > The Macabre Masterpiece: Repressed Carnage

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments I'm currently working on the sequel to my first written and published book The Macabre Masterpiece: Poems of Horror and Gore which as you can see will be called The Macabre Masterpiece: Repressed Carnage.

The book like the original is a collection of horror poems but instead of being in chapters of different levels of horror they will be in horrific places such as The Crypt, The Morgue, Cemetery, etc. The book contains 60 poems, 10 more than the original and I feel they are a lot more edgier and gripping. While most rhyme their are several prose poems within the book as well. Also their are different rhymes schemes for some of the poems with some perhaps being never before scene rhyme patterns and one of a kind.

All the poems are complete and I've been going over them over and over for the last two months and a half. This month I plan on putting the book together, formatting it and get another set of eyes to edit it. Also after I have the book put together, seeing as it's October and the month of Halloween I will be looking for some early readers so I can get some early reviews before the books likely release in January 2017. This is the first place where I've really talked about the book so extensively so I'm happy to share this news with you all. I will keep you posted and let you know the latest updates on how it's going.

message 2: by David (new)

David Kummer | 622 comments Mod
Hey Justin :) I would love to check it out when the chance comes!

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments Thanks David

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments After I put the book together one thing I am looking into doing as a promotional idea is to make an adult coloring book of horror images based on the poems in the book. I'm debating on whether or not to go with an illustrator or use a few of my friends who can draw.

Seeing as adult coloring books are big right now I feel like it'd be a good marketing tool toward the book and a fun little extra to include during the promotion of the book.

message 5: by David (new)

That is a very interesting idea. I would say go with your friends, just because that might lead to some word-of-mouth, but an illustrator would be good too! Creative idea, all the same.

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments Thanks!

message 7: by David (new)

Keep us updated on it!

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments Hey Everyone,
I just finished putting together my latest book, The Macabre Masterpiece; Repressed Carnage. I of course still need to place, edit and format some final touches to it but for the most part it's complete. After I go over it I will likely have others go over it to beta read it to look for any discrepancies and errors. Also I will make sure it's properly fit and formatted. After that I will look for some reviews before it's release in a few months.

Looking forward to completing the book for all of you to read.

message 9: by David (new)

Fantastic! I hope it turns out as good as it sounds!

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments The book has been completed. It will be about another month or two before I decide to publish it. Right now I am looking for early readers and reviews. People interested get a free book before it's released to the public! All I ask that if you find any misspellings to please let me know so I can make the according changes and after you've read the book if you could kindly leave a review here on Goodreads it would be much appreciated.

So anyone interested in reading the book please let me know by leaving your e-mail address in a comment or message me on here and I'll send you a PDF copy.

message 11: by David (new)

Hey, Justin. I think I'll be able to help you out, but not for a month or two. I've got three books lined up for other authors. Could I still be of help in a month?

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments Sure, what did you have in mind?

message 13: by David (new)

Well, I can probably review, but not until February or March

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments Interested in reading the book before it's release? Well you're in luck because I am looking for a few people to read and review. If you'd like a free read & review PDF copy let me know and I'll send one your way.

The Macabre Masterpiece Repressed Carnage by Justin Bienvenue

message 15: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments I will be holding a Book Launch Party on Facebook next month to honor the books release. There will be open discussions on the book as well as contests, giveaways and other fun things.

Check it out if your interested in attending:

https://www.facebook.com/events/17572...

message 16: by David (new)

Hey I would love to read this Justin! Can you send a copy to davidkummer7@gmail.com please? I can't wait!

message 17: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 177 comments David wrote: "Hey I would love to read this Justin! Can you send a copy to davidkummer7@gmail.com please? I can't wait!"

sent