Middleton Public Library discussion

Current Reads > What are you reading this month? (November 2016)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Middleton Public Library | 31 comments Mod
We want to know what books you're currently enjoying!

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Carr | 1 comments Evicted by Mathew Desmond. Depressing but worth reading. Could these poor living conditions and tenant injustice exist in Madison/Middleton too? Knowledge is the first step to making changes and I think there will be some interesting discussions coming out of this Go Big Read community read.

message 3: by Kendall (new)

Kendall | 5 comments Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay is my most current read (although I can never just read one book at a time). Beautifully written and incredibly thought-provoking, with just the right amount of humor. The essay format makes this a super quick read, while still being poignant and powerful.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Fischer (somethingfischy) | 1 comments Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. Such a good storyteller and the themes he draws from a variety of sources... I don't know how he does it!!

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2 comments Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. I love her books, and the topics in this one are extremely relevant in our world today. Thought provoking for sure.

message 6: by Kelsey (last edited Oct 20, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Kelsey I'm currently loving A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas. It's a re-imagining of Sherlock Holmes if Sherlock Holmes was in fact a woman named Charlotte Holmes. I highly recommend the audio book!

message 7: by Chris (last edited Oct 24, 2016 04:50PM) (new)

Chris Clay | 1 comments About halfway through Keith Donohue's latest novel, The Motion of Puppets. His The Stolen Child is one of my favorite books and really I enjoyed The Boy Who Drew Monsters. This new book is equally modern, dark fairy tale. Great reading material in the weeks leading up to Halloween.

message 8: by David (new)

David Gallay (svengalix) | 3 comments Just finished I'm Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid. Creepy, short read, especially if you are interested in unreliable narrators.

Middleton Public Library | 31 comments Mod
David wrote: "Just finished I'm Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid. Creepy, short read, especially if you are interested in unreliable narrators."

One of our librarians read that a few months ago! Such an interesting way of storytelling that really keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. The ending was definitely a surprise!