What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Seven: The Number for Happiness, Love, and Success
This topic is about Seven
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Popular Philosophy/Psychology book [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new) - added it

Deborah (dalfridge) | 2 comments I need help to find a book I read several years ago, but all I have is a memory of the cover -- matte black with a large gold number "7". I do not recall the author's name, and I obviously can't remember the full title, because I have searched the Internet, here and Amazon several times over the past year, for all the possibilities: 7, Number 7, The Power of 7, The Effect of 7, The Number 7 (which is what I thought the title was), The Influence of 7, the Essence of 7, etcetera, and get nowhere.

It is a treatment of the occurrence of the number seven in society through history, and the effect of seven on our minds and actions. I think the author was a journalist, a woman, and it is written in a sort-of light scholarly tone, with some pictures/figures.

Does anyone recognize this book? Thanks for your help!

message 2: by MaWhit (last edited Oct 06, 2016 11:34PM) (new)

message 3: by MaWhit (new)

MaWhit  (mawhit) | 43 comments Seven: The Number for Happiness, Love, and Success? This cover matches your description and the author is female.

Seven The Number for Happiness, Love, and Success by Jacqueline Leo

message 4: by Deborah (new) - added it

Deborah (dalfridge) | 2 comments Thank you! It is the second one, by Jacqueline Leo. I can't thank you enough for finding this for me!

message 5: by MaWhit (new)

MaWhit  (mawhit) | 43 comments Yay! You're welcome!