FoCo Readers discussion

Slade House
This topic is about Slade House
Book Club > Slade House by David Mitchell

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Evan | 118 comments Our next book club selection is Slade House by David Mitchell. Copies are on their way to the store. I ordered a few hard covers and a few paperbacks. The hard covers are actually less expensive, because they are used and may have some wear. The cheapest paperback copies were actually new ones. Hardbacks will be $6, and paperbacks will be $10. Let me know if you'd like me to hold a copy for you, and if you prefer a hard cover or a paperback.

Also, I'd like to try switching the days of the discussions. The discussion for Slade House will be Tuesday, November 8th at 7:30pm at the Publick House. Hope to see you there!

message 2: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth (bethany_rainbow) | 140 comments Mod
I'll take a hardcover!

Carol Johnson | 10 comments Save a hardcover for me, otherwise paperback works. Thank you!

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane | 49 comments thanks Evan, I've read it already, so don't need a copy. but it will be fun to discuss.

Evan | 118 comments Beth wrote: "I'll take a hardcover!"

Sure thing, Beth. I'll let you know when it comes in.

Evan | 118 comments Carol wrote: "Save a hardcover for me, otherwise paperback works. Thank you!"

No problem, Carol. You've got dibs on a hard cover. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Evan | 118 comments Jane wrote: "thanks Evan, I've read it already, so don't need a copy. but it will be fun to discuss."

Awesome! Glad you'll be able to join us, Jane.

Maria (missmia277) | 39 comments I just finished it and I loved it! Sadly, I have classes on Tuesday evenings so I won't be able to make it to the actual discussion.

Evan | 118 comments Sorry you won't be able to join us, but I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for your comments, Maria. If Tuesday ends up not working for a lot of people, we can always try a different night.

message 10: by Evan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Evan | 118 comments Discussion tonight at 7:30 at the Publick House! Join us! Share your thoughts on Slade House, and help us make our final selection for some nature writing for our next pick. Hope to see you there!