World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Net Switch
This topic is about Net Switch
All Things Writing & Publishing > Has anyone done a back-to-back Goodreads Giveaway?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer Hello All,

I currently have a Goodreads Giveaway running for my novel, Net Switch, from Oct. 4 to Oct. 18. I've seen other giveaways run back to back, and wanted to try it out to keep the momentum going.

Since giveaways have to be setup 7 days in advance, I thought I'd go in and set one up now. I put in Oct. 18 to Nov. 1, but it tells me "Book There is already a pending or active giveaway for this title (giveaway #205770)." I then tried Oct. 19 to Nov. 2, and still the same thing.

Has anyone done this before? Do I need to choose a different book ID?

Help!
Denise

message 2: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi Denise,

This is also my plan.

I suspect (without knowledge) that submission may work once you are in the last week of the current giveaway.

I would try again after October the 11th.

Just a thought.

message 3: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer Hi Graeme,

Thanks much. I'll wait and then let you know.

Take care.

message 4: by Frank (new)

Frank Ryan (frankryan) | 14 comments Hi Denise,

I'd advise you to inquire from the website first. They are usually very helpful with advice.

Good luck,

Frank

message 5: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer Frank wrote: "Hi Denise,

I'd advise you to inquire from the website first. They are usually very helpful with advice.

Good luck,

Frank"

Thanks much, Frank. Maybe I'll post in the Librarian Group.

message 6: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer I just thought I'd come back and let you know about back-to-back giveaways.

If you receive the error I did, create the giveaway using a different book ID. When it's pending approval, edit it to the proper book ID.

FYI, My giveaway has been available since Oct. 4 and I have 690 entries and 1,126 put on their to-read shelves. I hope the second giveaway keeps the momentum and I get a few reviews and sales out of them. If not, I gotta get another book out there.

message 7: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi Denise,

I'm working on Book 2 as well.

The "Shelf" goes to author credibility.

message 8: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise Baer Just an FYI, there are 18 more hours left of my first giveaway with 1,423 entries so far and 1,390 added to their to-read.

My second one started 7 hours ago, and so far I have 208 entries. I'm very excited. If I'm lucky, I'll at least get a few reviews from them and maybe a few sales.