RMFAO (Reading My Frigging A** Off) discussion

Stephen King
This topic is about Stephen King
Buddy-Reads > Stephen King Nominations (for April 2017)

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heena (new)

Heena Rathore Pardeshi (heenarathore) | 2134 comments Mod
Hello all the RMFAO-ites,

We have decided to have some really fun Buddy-Reads in 2017. This is the thread to nominate books by Stephen King for a Buddy Read in April'17.

We're setting up this thread so early so that everyone interested in participating can contribute to the nominations and, once the books are picked, can buy them or order them from their libraries well in time for the Buddy-Read month.

Please nominate your favorite books or the books that you want to read/re-read by Stephen King in the comments below.

The final poll for voting will be set in late December, and the final books will be decided in January'17.

Please feel free to share not only book recs, but also your experiences, anecdotes, fun facts or anything really related to Mr. King.

Also feel free to share about these reading parties with your friends on your Blog, Facebook & Twitter; the more the merrier. :)

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 1892 comments Mod
I will nominate The Dead Zone. I have read it, but that was along time ago when it first came out. It's one of the author's shorter books, and isn't filled with gore. I really liked this book and the movie that was based upon it.

message 3: by Heena (new)

Sweet!

I vote for Under the Dome. I'm actually watching the TV series right now so it'll be great to read the book too!

message 4: by Heena (new)

I also nominate The Stand and Nightmares And Dreamscapes :D

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Heena wrote: "I also nominate The Stand and Nightmares And Dreamscapes :D"

If one of the longer books win the poll, would we have longer than a month to read it? The Stand and Under the Dome are HUGE!

message 6: by Dagny (new)

Dagny (madamevauquer) | 3162 comments Mod
Heena wrote: "I vote for Under the Dome. I'm actually watching the TV series right now so it'll be great to read the book too!"

I watched the TV show when it was first on over here. Really liked it at first, but eventually sort of lost interest.

message 7: by Heena (new)

Cheryl wrote: "If one of the longer books win the poll, would we have longer than a month to read it? The Stand and Under the Dome are HUGE!"

Yeah, sure. As it is the Buddy Read threads are never really closed, you can take as much time as you want to complete the books :)

message 8: by Heena (last edited Oct 08, 2016 07:47AM) (new)

Dagny wrote: "I watched the TV show when it was first on over here. Really liked it at first, but eventually sort of lost interest."

That's a bummer. When I read on Wikipedia that Stephen King as well as Steven Spielberg are its excutive producers, I was really excited. As it is there are only 2 seasons on Netflix right now so I'm pretty sure I'll have to leave the series incomplete after season 2 :(

message 9: by Dagny (new)

Heena wrote: "That's a bummer. When I read on Wikipedia that Stephen King as ..."

It must have been either near the end of the first season or the beginning of the second that I more or less lost interest and stopped watching. The second season I believe since I sort of remember looking forward to it. Don't think I tuned in for the third season.

message 10: by Heena (new)

Dagny wrote: "It must have been either near the end of the first season or the beginning of the second that I more or less lost interest and stopped watching. The second season I believe since I sort of remember looking forward to it. Don't think I tuned in for the third season. ."

Hmm.. At least now I'm feeling bad about not being able to watch the 3rd season. Thanks for the fair warning; I'll try to keep my expectations low.
Anyway, have you read this book?

message 11: by Dagny (new)

Heena wrote: "Anyway, have you read this book?"

No, I haven't read the book. I would though if it happens to be the winner of the poll.

message 12: by K.S. (new)

K.S. Lewis (lewislanereads) Heena wrote: "Sweet!

I vote for Under the Dome. I'm actually watching the TV series right now so it'll be great to read the book too!"

I second this, as I have the book sitting on a shelf just waiting to be read!

message 13: by Heena (last edited Nov 02, 2016 12:20AM) (new)

Dagny wrote: "No, I haven't read the book. I would though if it happens to be the winner of the poll."

Awesome! I'm sure it'll be better than the series.

message 14: by Heena (new)

Kensley wrote: "I second this, as I have the book sitting on a shelf just waiting to be read! "

Lovely! Now I really hope that this one wins the pool :)

message 15: by Medha (new)

Medha (thefreshnfabulous) | 1 comments Misery, Carrie. IT. Under the dome

message 16: by Soul longings (new)

Soul longings | 0 comments Mr.Mercedes

message 17: by Heena (new)

The Shining and Dr. Sleep

message 18: by K.S. (new)

K.S. Lewis (lewislanereads) Dr. Sleep is aaaammmmaaazzziiinnnggg.

message 19: by Cheryl (new)

So many great nominations! I'll have a hard time picking just one to vote for. Whatever wins, I will read it. I can't wait!

message 20: by Heena (new)

The pole for this buddy-read is up now. The voting will start from tomorrow. Don't forget to vote for your favorite book guys!

Link: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...-

message 21: by Heena (new)

We have a winner for this pole too - Under The Dome!

message 22: by Dagny (new)

Heena wrote: "We have a winner for this pole too - Under The Dome!"

Yea! Looking forward to this one. I'll have to try and time my library hold so I can get it at the right time.

message 23: by Dagny (new)

I just put Under the Dome on hold. There is no one else waiting, so I should get it sometime in the next two weeks - either a few days early or a few days late.

message 24: by Cheryl (new)

Oh, thanks for reminding us about this! I will have to get it from my library next week.

message 25: by Dagny (new)

Cheryl wrote: "Oh, thanks for reminding us about this! I will have to get it from my library next week."

Glad I mentioned it then, Cheryl! I wondered if you were traveling lately.

message 26: by Cheryl (last edited Mar 25, 2017 01:12PM) (new)

Dagny wrote: "Glad I mentioned it then, Cheryl! I wondered if you were traveling lately."

Yes, Dagny, I was doing some traveling. My Mom had a fall (nothing broken, but very sore and taking time to recover), and I was at her house helping her. I got to experience that horrendous blizzard the Northeast U.S. had while I was there. I did some mindless reading to keep me sane.

message 27: by Dagny (new)

Cheryl wrote: "Yes, Dagny, I was doing some traveling. My Mom had a fall (nothing broken"

You must have been going out of your mind. Good that you were there for your mom though.

message 28: by Heena (new)

Cheryl: Sorry to hear about your mom's fall. I hope she's feeling better now.

Dagny: That's great. You'll have the book in time.

I received my book last week itself, so I'm also set.

message 29: by Cheryl (new)

Heena wrote: "Cheryl: Sorry to hear about your mom's fall. I hope she's feeling better now."

Thanks! She's getting better every day, but she is 87 and it will take time to completely heal. My 2 sisters and my brother are taking good care of her. I will visit her again at the end of April.

message 30: by Heena (new)

Good to know that you mom's well taken care of. And also to know more about your family :)
And how exciting! You must be so thrilled to see your mother. I just came back from my mother's today morning and I already miss her and my brother so much!

message 31: by Heena (new)

Here's the link to the main Buddy Read discussion thread for Under The Dome by Stephen King: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...