RMFAO (Reading My Frigging A** Off) discussion

Robert McCammon
This topic is about Robert McCammon
Buddy-Reads > Robert McCammon Nominations (for March 2017)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heena (last edited Oct 06, 2016 10:20AM) (new)

Heena Rathore Pardeshi (heenarathore) | 2223 comments Mod
Hello all the RMFAO-ites,

We have decided to have some really fun Buddy-Reads in 2017. This is the thread to nominate books by Robert McCammon for a Buddy Read in March'17.

We're setting up this thread so early so that everyone interested in participating can contribute to the nominations and, once the books are picked, can buy them or order them from their libraries well in time for the Buddy-Read month.

Please nominate your favorite books or the books that you want to read/re-read by McCammon in the comments below.

The final poll for voting will be set in late December, and the final books will be decided in January'17.

Please feel free to share not only book recs but also your experiences, anecdotes, fun facts or anything really related to McCammon.

Also feel free to share about these reading parties with your friends on your Blog, Facebook & Twitter; the more the merrier. :)

message 2: by Cheryl (last edited Dec 17, 2016 11:15AM) (new)

Cheryl | 2162 comments Mod
I nominate Boy's Life Boy's Life by Robert McCammon . I haven't read it yet. A coming of age story, with some creepy fantasy elements. (Hmm, sounds a little like Stephen King's novel, It.)

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

I also nominate Speaks the Nightbird Speaks the Nightbird (Matthew Corbett, #1) by Robert McCammon . It's the first in a historical mystery series set in 1699.

message 4: by Heena (new)

Cheryl wrote: "I nominate Boy's Life. I haven't read it yet. A coming of age story, with some creepy fantasy elements. (Hmm, sounds a little like Stephen King's novel, It.)"

Sounds interesting.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

I will nominate Swan Song Swan Song by Robert McCammon . I read this 30 years ago, and remember it was good and that it reminded me a little of Stephen King's The Stand. I would reread it if it's picked.

message 6: by Heena (new)

This one also sounds like something I would love! Can you please suggest more options, Cheryl.
I'll set up the poll for this one as soon as we'll have at least 5 options :)

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

OK, two more nominations: The Night Boat The Night Boat by Robert McCammon and The Wolf's Hour The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon

message 8: by Heena (new)

Great. Thanks Cheryl. I'll put up the poll now :)

message 9: by Heena (new)

Here's the pole for this buddy read: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

I guess it should be open by tonight or tomorrow morning (the time difference makes it a bit difficult to time the polls.) And I'll share it with all the group members as a message broadcast the day after tomorrow. :)

message 10: by Heena (new)

We have a winner for this poll - Boy's Life!

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Heena,
Will this buddy read start on March 1? If it does, you might want to make an announcement, in case people need to buy it or borrow it from a library before it begins.

message 12: by Heena (new)

Cheryl wrote: "Heena,
Will this buddy read start on March 1? If it does, you might want to make an announcement, in case people need to buy it or borrow it from a library before it begins."

OMG! Thank god you posted this. I completely forgot about this!! Sorry.
I'll put up a thread right away and send everyone a message by tonight.
Thanks a lot for the reminder, Cheryl. You're a savior!